No announcement on Ryan Johnson??

Cage

So I talked to Craig earlier this week.   At this point in time he plans to return to college.   That said he had plenty of nice things to say about Buffalo.   Ryan got along great with the guys and genuinely enjoyed his time at dev camp.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

So I talked to Craig earlier this week.   At this point in time he plans to return to college.   That said he had plenty of nice things to say about Buffalo.   Ryan got along great with the guys and genuinely enjoyed his time at dev camp.

Maybe it's for the best he wait a year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 6:24 PM, pi2000 said:

Craig who? Rivet, Anderson,  Ramsay, Slist?

Edited by thewookie1

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, Weave said:

A father who works in the NHL, openly talking about his kids negotiating position and trades to a stranger?

Yeah, I’d bet alot of money on that info.  /s

While that may be true, all of that post is believable.  I appreciate posts like this. 

Also, Reddit allows you to view the post history of all posters.  In glossing that over, the OP is a hockey guy and seems insightful on the game. 

So, can a rando with an eight year history on Reddit (or a message board like this) make up some random story in an effort to deceive internet strangers? Sure, that’s possible.  

But I’ve also had conversations like this with beat reporters at a bar or team staff in the past inside/outside of WNY. 

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

While that may be true, all of that post is believable.  I appreciate posts like this. 

Also, Reddit allows you to view the post history of all posters.  In glossing that over, the OP is a hockey guy and seems insightful on the game. 

So, can a rando with an eight year history on Reddit (or a message board like this) make up some random story in an effort to deceive internet strangers? Sure, that’s possible.  

But I’ve also had conversations like this with beat reporters at a bar or team staff in the past inside/outside of WNY. 

Don't want to speak for weave, but I think he was talking more about what the dad said, not what the Reddit poster said.

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Don't want to speak for weave, but I think he was talking more about what the dad said, not what the Reddit poster said.

I mean, it's a sushi bar so some sake may have been involved lol. People in general are surprisingly not good at keeping their mouths shut.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Video coach for Team X with a son thats been drafted, engages in small talk with random fan from team son was drafted by, volunteers sons indecision at signing and why, a trade that was scuttled and what conditions scuttled the trade, all while working on stats for team he represents while eating dinner in a public place.

Im working under the assumption that someone in that position, with a son in a delicate negotiating circumstance, would know better.

If he was an employee of the team I managed and I got wind of this I would let him go immediately.  Loose lips sink ships.

30 minutes ago, Weave said:

Video coach for Team X with a son thats been drafted, engages in small talk with random fan from team son was drafted by, volunteers sons indecision at signing and why, a trade that was scuttled and what conditions scuttled the trade, all while working on stats for team he represents while eating dinner in a public place.

Im working under the assumption that someone in that position, with a son in a delicate negotiating circumstance, would know better.

If he was an employee of the team I managed and I got wind of this I would let him go immediately.  Loose lips sink ships.

What did he say of actual importance? What did he say that would be of concern to the Anaheim ducks?

1 hour ago, Weave said:

It was a cute story.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

What did he say of actual importance? What did he say that would be of concern to the Anaheim ducks?

Its not what he did or didn’t say about Anaheim.  Its about having poor judgement about the hockey things you are discussing with people you don’t know.  In the corporate world that is a huge no no.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Its not what he did or didn’t say about Anaheim.  Its about having poor judgement about the hockey things you are discussing with people you don’t know.  In the corporate world that is a huge no no.

This is a generalization that I don’t think matches the situation. He’s talking about his own son and the implications of his words appear to be none.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.