GDT: 2022 Frozen Four -- Thurs. April 7, 5:00 PM & 8:30 PM, ESPN2/ESPNU

nfreeman

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

With all those high draft choices, that’s hard to believe.

The old saying about hockey being a team game may apply here. High draft picks have individual skills but may not have team chemistry. 
I don’t know Denver but they may have an older team that has played together for awhile. Michigan’s core are mainly first and second year guys.

Coaching?

2 hours ago, freester said:

Power needs to hit someone. 

There it is, the 1st of what is sure to be years of never ending posts about Owen Power not playing physical enough.

Ive expected it from the first few times I watched him play.

Thanks for getting it started even before he’s put pen to paper on his contract.

😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

There it is, the 1st of what is sure to be years of never ending posts about Owen Power not playing physical enough.

Thanks for getting it started even before he’s put pen to paper on his contract.

😂

*****needs*****

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

😂

I was having nightmares of Tyler Myers. 

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

😂

OMG!!!!  Please don’t say it starts already. Lol   I don’t want to even see the poster was that wrote that. 

so embarrassing 

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

OMG!!!!  Please don’t say it starts already. Lol   I don’t want to even see the poster was that wrote that. 

so embarrassing 

If you think Power is coming here to “hit “ someone you haven’t been paying attention 

not his game at all   Get used to it now 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, NAF said:

Power never really wowed me, but I guess that isn't really his play style. Too bad we didn't get to see him on the PP. Portillo looked shaky in the first two periods, but better in the third and OT.

Honestly Power wasn’t the same player after the Olympics

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

😂

Well a star NHL D man has to hit some people SOMETIMES. Dahlin's developed a little feistiness and he's a better player for it. It's just part of the game. 

But you're right, He's not going to be Pronger or Stevens. I'm still thinking his best comparable to the current league is Pietrangelo. A lot going on for him this year, he might be a little tired. If not physically, mentally. I still have no worries about him disappointing, he won't. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

One other thought 4 Sabre prospect enter the Frozen Four and all four leave losing in the semi final.  Frankly they were beaten by teams that play a better team game.

Looks like none of our 4 stood out but doesn't matter. They are all solid prospects (assuming signings and all that stuff). 

13 hours ago, dudacek said:

😂

To be fair, I commented on it months ago when an article came out that Michigan’s coach was telling him to not hit 

11 hours ago, SDS said:

I don’t follow college hockey. How does Minnesota state have a number one seed? I’ve never even heard of Minnesota state.

Same reason Bemidji State has a perennially good team.  

What a marathon. You're locked in TD Garden for 8 hours, eating their obscenely expensive concessions. 24oz beer? $18. BBQ sandwich with fries? $18. Slice of pizza? $12. 

Reporters like Vogl and Harrington love to point out how nice other NHL arena are but leave out how much you are spending for a beer and a bite. (Who owns and operates TD Garden and it's concessions? Why none other than Jeremy Jacobs' Delaware North.)

I should also point out the redevelopment of TD Garden is complete now and it's incredible. They've surrounded the arena with a new concert venue, a Guy Fieri restaurant, a massive food court, a supermarket, several restaurant/cocktail lounge/taverns, a hotel and new high rise condominiums. Of course Boston North Train Station and Green and Orange subway lines meet there too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.