GDT: 4/5/2022, Hurricanes @ Sabres, 7pm on ESPN+ 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

Damn...this team is starting to take no prisoners...

Lose a tough one to Florida the other night and come right back after getting skated out of the building for the first 10 minutes of the game and handle one of the best teams in the conference...in regulation.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Don't have ESPN+, so been watching the Panthers/Leafs game.  Toronto on fire in the early 2nd and bounced BOB out, Knight in relief.  Panthers showing why they are the class of the east in their comeback.  Samson with a 3 point night so far.

Update - now tied at 6 as the Leafs scored a PP goal (Hagg penalty).  Great game!

I go to nhl66.ir to stream the games when they are on crazy stations

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

Next year, Quinn and maybe JJ will be added to the roster. More offense and scoring balance spread around the lineup. 

Don’t forget Power.
He will be a rookie but getting his feet wet this spring should help. I don’t expect tons but he is a 1st overall pick and a year older and stronger.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mudberry said:

Did one of the announcers try to say that they shouldn't call it because a 5 minute would be too much?

The rules analyst said that because it wasn't against the boards and Dahlin just played the puck, it was a "legal play". That's pretty messed up 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Lose a tough one to Florida the other night and come right back after getting skated out of the building for the first 10 minutes of the game and handle one of the best teams in the conference...in regulation.

This is what makes me believe they're finally on their way to being a good team and an end to this eternal rebuild is within sight. When they were stinking barns up left and right from November until the all star break, it seemed like as soon as they hit a rough patch they crumpled into a ball and got boat raced. Now, I refuse to look away because these sumbitches don't flinch and fight their ***** off. They are a really damn good hockey team RIGHT NOW. Now imagine as the young talent here continues to grow and some of the younger guys get up here and get their legs under them. Night after night, we are "out talented" and these guys are still beating some of the best teams in the league and if they don't beat them, they're keeping it respectable. And this is no longer a case of "oh, they took us lightly." No, these are top tier teams jockeying for playoff positioning and the word is out by now that this isn't the "same old Sabres." It's kinda fun to be a Sabres fan again.

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

They’ve been few and far between. Our centre spine has 21 goals in the 2nd half of the year; Tage has 17 of them.

Dylan and Casey have been getting lots of assists, but the goals have been hard to come by.

23. 😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

This is what makes me believe they're finally on their way to being a good team and an end to this eternal rebuild is within sight. When they were stinking barns up left and right from November until the all star break, it seemed like as soon as they hit a rough patch they crumpled into a ball and got boat raced. Now, I refuse to look away because these sumbitches don't flinch and fight their ***** off. They are a really damn good hockey team RIGHT NOW. Now imagine as the young talent here continues to grow and some of the younger guys get up here and get their legs under them. Night after night, we are "out talented" and these guys are still beating some of the best teams in the league and if they don't beat them, they're keeping it respectable. And this is no longer a case of "oh, they took us lightly." No, these are top tier teams jockeying for playoff positioning and the word is out by now that this isn't the "same old Sabres." It's kinda fun to be a Sabres fan again.

As I said in a different thread recently, the pundits wrote us off again and said that we’d finish dead last in our division.

Go pound sand and go eat crow, you imbeciles!

Just now, Norcal said:

Couldn't fully watch earlier so I'm starting over now.

Besides only having a shot or two for the first several minutes it didn't feel like they were being outplayed. 

it gets worse before it gets better.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Curt said:

but there is a definite different feel for the way they finish out games.  There seems to be genuine belief that they will win, and there is always a team swarm every time there is a little pushing scrum.

Late in games it always felt like they were running out of gas... every game.  I think the book on the Sabres was if the other team didn't quit, they knew eventually the Sabres would.  That's over now.  I think they're winning enough of the battles along the way that they don't get mentally tired at the end; instead they are more resolute at the end of games.  100% the physical play of our top 4 Dmen is a huge part of that.  They are taking care of business.  It isn't panic or frustration or reaction.  They're not taking it anymore; they're dishing it out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Tuch needs to spend some time with the trainers building up his wrist strength… and some time with VO learning how to make a stronger shot…

I agree; there's room for improvement there, but at least he's still helping to tip the ice toward the opposing goal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Don’t forget Power.
He will be a rookie but getting his feet wet this spring should help. I don’t expect tons but he is a 1st overall pick and a year older and stronger.

What will really take the pressure off power is the huge step Dahlin has taken this year, not to mention how well Muel is playing.  It isn't like when Dahlin debuted and this was the D corps:

image.png.a4a644ae92600006290f4e4b45482101.png

Power will be added to an already good group of defensemen and once he finds his stride, they will be great.

And he'll be playing on a team with multiple scoring lines that will be getting an infusion of fresh blood.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Stads said:

The rules analyst said that because it wasn't against the boards and Dahlin just played the puck, it was a "legal play". That's pretty messed up 

Crosschecking is never legal.

1 hour ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Night after night, we are "out talented"

This is quickly becoming false.  We need to stop saying this bout our team.

52 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Meatballs sees Marner in Krebs. I'd be ok with that as long as Krebs stays hard on the puck in the postseason when the ice shrinks.

I think he'll get there.  But you're right- he's not there yet.  He's pretty good at dishing it out, not so good at taking it, especially in scrums.  Still, he's better than early Mittelstadt was, and Mitts is becoming a Board Monster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.