GDT - Panthers @ Sabres - April 3, 2022 - 1:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B WGR ESPN+

woods-racer

8 hours ago, john wawrow said:

Yes. It was Harrington. But it was clear Kevyn wasn't going to go anywhere near that topic.

It was actually his only bad answer of the day. The Sabres need better messaging on that issue than "just tell us and we'll fix it because we might know what needs fixing."

That said, PSE is on high alert to not rock any public funding boats these days given the favor they got from Hochul.

Stay tuned is a better answer. But they couldn't say that.

jw

Although I think this is one of the best if not very best local team hockey site, it would be enhanced by your opinions JW. If you think you're the only one with posters that upset you, you'd be badly mistaken plus it's easy to either ignore or just disregard the banter. Welcome back. 

On a side note, do you think Anderson comes back, my personal opinion is after getting his 300th victory, family considerations and late injury he decides to hang them up?? 

25 minutes ago, jsb said:

Although I think this is one of the best if not very best local team hockey site, it would be enhanced by your opinions JW. If you think you're the only one with posters that upset you, you'd be badly mistaken plus it's easy to either ignore or just disregard the banter. Welcome back. 

On a side note, do you think Anderson comes back, my personal opinion is after getting his 300th victory, family considerations and late injury he decides to hang them up?? 

I truly think the mind is wanting but the body unsure.

He's gone through a lot in his career and this would be a great way to leave the NHL on a high note.

He lives in Florida and I'm not sure if he wants another season being away from his family.

Then again, the lure of one more season is there, and the Sabres would surely jump at the chance of bringing him back.

All that said, I think it's best for both sides to move on. It's all about UPL next season, and UPL has an injury-riddled past, meaning the Sabres may have to rely on someone else to play 40 games. Is Anderson that guy? I like him. But in the big picture, I'm just not sure he can hold up.

jw

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, john wawrow said:

I truly think the mind is wanting but the body unsure.

He's gone through a lot in his career and this would be a great way to leave the NHL on a high note.

He lives in Florida and I'm not sure if he wants another season being away from his family.

Then again, the lure of one more season is there, and the Sabres would surely jump at the chance of bringing him back.

All that said, I think it's best for both sides to move on. It's all about UPL next season, and UPL has an injury-riddled past, meaning the Sabres may have to rely on someone else to play 40 games. Is Anderson that guy? I like him. But in the big picture, I'm just not sure he can hold up.

jw

If they want to obtain a significant improvement over this years record, and be in the playoff picture, then they need another goalie that can play at least 40 games at UPL's level or better.  I don't see Anderson being that guy at his age.   Adams has to find a goalie to help the new core continue to improve and build confidence, and to bring fans back to the HSB.   

• Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I feel like the Sabres have to make a trade or sign a goalie in free agency.  They have the cap space and this is the position of most urgent need.

They will, but I don't expect it to be anyone that will really help the team win much this year.  If it's not Anderson, I expect a similar signing.  I don't think that KA will trade any useful assets to really upgrade the goalie situation.  I suspect many will not be happy with what KA does with the goalie situation this offseason.  I expect Subban to be signed.  Is Toker under contract?  If not, I would not be surprised if he is not signed.

I expect the fire KA thread to appear sometime around August 1st.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly ...

44 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I still hold out hope they can sign Marc Andre Fleury for a coupla years to bring us to the cap floor.

They need a minimum of a 2yr filler, very possibly 3yrs depending on how Levi does in Roc his first season.  

That’s probably all of MAFs window if he’s interested at all.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I think MAF would be a good signing for 2 years, but I would be surprised if it happens.

I imagine he wants a bonified shot at another cup as much as he wants the big payday. I bet he sacrifices some income to play on a cup contender that will give him as much as possible pay wise and still make it under that cap.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/5/2022 at 9:32 PM, Doohickie said:

I see Malcolm Subban working hard on his game in Rochester, ready to be promoted if the worst happens with UPL.

What do you think the odds are that the Sabres throw an obscene amount for maybe two years at Marc Andre Fleury, @john wawrow?

It's a valid question in that it makes some sense from a pure analytical perspective. But there's more than goes into that, and much of it coming from the Fleury end. Buffalo has previously been on his no-trade list. I'm not sure if he wants to come to a team with "mere" promise, as opposed to an actual contender. He's moved around enough over the past year where I think he'd prefer to be closer to his family in Vegas.

As much as it makes sense, I think the chances of his arrival are low. I could be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.