Everything about the Coyotes is an embarrassment

LGR4GM

On 4/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, LGR4GM said:

The Arizona coyotes is the most useless franchise in the NHL. From their joke of an arena deal, the actual team, and their announcers. 

Not to get off topic but their uniform and logo might be the worst in all of professional sports. 

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

It’s been the same story for 50 years and is never going to change. The Sabres were the way more talented team than the broad street bullies. It didn’t matter when they lost to them in the SCFs.

For those that want to pretend that physical intimidation isn’t a part of the game,… good luck with that.

I’ll say it again, it’s one of the things that has me most hopeful about this current Sabres team moving forward. I think they can play that game and even thrive off it.

Some of them can. A few of them even like it. It's much better than it was and it's getting there, but at this point, it's not tough enough yet. 

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Some of them can. A few of them even like it. It's much better than it was and it's getting there, but at this point, it's not tough enough yet. 

Maybe. At this point, though, I'm still more concerned about the Sabres getting more talented than I am them getting tougher.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SDS said:

So who is on the team now that you think represents this style of play?

Tuch, Okposo, and Fitzgerald are there.  Dahlin, Samuelsson, Cozens, and Tage are getting there.  Hayden will have to be that type of player if he develops into an NHL regular. 

Aaron Dell is that kind of player too, but I don't think we will see him again...

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

Maybe. At this point, though, I'm still more concerned about the Sabres getting more talented than I am them getting tougher.

Well you can do both.

The talent is there. There are several prospects coming. Multiple high picks. Should be plenty of talent soon. Too much even in a few years (can't pay everybody if they all develop well). Rochester isn't filled with tough guys who can play in the NHL though. We could add some grit in free agency without stepping away from the building plan and it'll help build the team attitude.

You think Beagle would have acted as tough if it'd been DesLauriers coming at him instead of Terry? A free agent I'd consider by the way.

37 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well you can do both.

The talent is there. There are several prospects coming. Multiple high picks. Should be plenty of talent soon. Too much even in a few years (can't pay everybody if they all develop well). Rochester isn't filled with tough guys who can play in the NHL though. We could add some grit in free agency without stepping away from the building plan and it'll help build the team attitude.

You think Beagle would have acted as tough if it'd been DesLauriers coming at him instead of Terry? A free agent I'd consider by the way.

Jay Beagle is not a tough guy. He hasn’t dropped the gloves since 2013.  He just lost his *****. It happens. 

However, to your point, no one will turn down more grit. It’s just harder and harder to find.  

Edited by Porous Five Hole

58 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

@LGR4GM but if the coyotes  Didn't exist

tage thompson the hockey player doesn't exist.

DimGraciousGrub-max-1mb.gif

Sure.

I guess we have to worry about him not re-signing after next year and going to play for his hometown hero Coyotes, as well.

Oh, great.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Jay Beagle is not a tough guy. He hasn’t dropped the gloves since 2013.  He just lost his *****. It happens. 

However, to your point, no one will turn down more grit. It’s just harder and harder to find.  

That's what I meant. Beagle pounded Terry, but he wouldn't have had it been DesLauriers.

As to hard to find, I don't think so. I haven't watched every team this year but I have noticed a little return to the resident 4th line tough guy on most teams. Similar to the Rangers adding Reeves after the Panarin incident most teams have 1 or 2 bigger tough 4th liners. Even we added Hayden in the same way, although that was a rather mediocre attempt to follow that trend. 

37 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

That's what I meant. Beagle pounded Terry, but he wouldn't have had it been DesLauriers.

As to hard to find, I don't think so. I haven't watched every team this year but I have noticed a little return to the resident 4th line tough guy on most teams. Similar to the Rangers adding Reeves after the Panarin incident most teams have 1 or 2 bigger tough 4th liners. Even we added Hayden in the same way, although that was a rather mediocre attempt to follow that trend. 

OK, but the story goes that Terry wasn’t some innocent bystander. He made comments on ice and was having too much fun on the bench for his opponent’s liking. The goalie got poked and it was on. It didn’t matter if Del was on the ice or on the bench. That was going to happen.  Irrespective of someone’s fourth line. 

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

OK, but the story goes that Terry wasn’t some innocent bystander. He made comments on ice and was having too much fun on the bench for his opponent’s liking. The goalie got poked and it was on. It didn’t matter if Del was on the ice or on the bench. That was going to happen.  Irrespective of someone’s fourth line. 

No that's not what happened. Zegras took the unnecessary poke and Beagle gave him a crosscheck shot in the back as a result.  A push and shove scrum broke out when Terry came at Beagle (to defend Zegras in his mind I guess) and then Beagle let loose on him in response. 

It was hockey. Not 1978. Not the 80s, 2022. It happens. teams rise and fall on how they react and respond to these things as Sabres fans well know. 

• Like (+1) 6

The only thing about this incident that drew attention was the skill it up comments from the broadcast.  Everything else was pretty normal and would not have gotten any league wide attention.

It was the end of a lopsided game and the team up big was digging at a puck under the goalie.  The losing team took exception to that and got mad.  Some fighting followed.  This happens sometimes.

The comments from the broadcast about skilling it up were strange, out of place, and probably say more about the guy talking than about the actual game.  The fighting didn’t break out because Zegras scored a fancy goal in the 1st period.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/6/2022 at 2:30 PM, Curt said:

The only thing about this incident that drew attention was the skill it up comments from the broadcast.  Everything else was pretty normal and would not have gotten any league wide attention.

On After the Whistle, Craig and Petey basically said the other problem was that Beagle needed to realize Terry wasn't fighting back and was injured but he kept pounding him.  Peters said there were one or two fights where he saw the guy was "done" and let him go even though the linesmen weren't there to break it up.  He said the fight was fine, but Beagle should have stopped punching earlier.

18 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I love their logo, the Kachina coyote is awesome, and unique in sports.

Maybe it’s just me, but I can only think of Iced Tea when I see those Kachina sweaters.  The howling doge is much cooler IMHO.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I can only think of Iced Tea when I see those Kachina sweaters.  The howling doge is much cooler IMHO.  

I don't know the Iced Tea reference, so....

The "howling doge" logo is in the same class as the goathead in my mind:  looks like a minor league/junior league logo.

On 4/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, LGR4GM said:

The Arizona coyotes is the most useless franchise in the NHL. From their joke of an arena deal, the actual team, and their announcers. 

If anything, we don’t have to worry about losing our barn. They do.

• LGR4GM locked this topic