Neil Diamond Beautiful Noise

PASabreFan

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I like the song but it would never resonate with the young fans today.   

I'd be in your camp but last night I was in hyper-observant mode. Very young kids were getting into the classic music played by the band in the arena. Beach Boys, Queen, a few I can't remember. And of course Sweet Caroline defies the demographic odds as well.

I wonder if Rick thinks of himself as an artist or musician of sorts. Diamond sings about how all the street noise is basically an invitation to put a tune to it. And that's exactly what Rick did for decades with the clanks, slaps, dings, swooshes and of course the roars of the crowd.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'd be in your camp but last night I was in hyper-observant mode. Very young kids were getting into the classic music played by the band in the arena. Beach Boys, Queen, a few I can't remember. And of course Sweet Caroline defies the demographic odds as well.

I wonder if Rick thinks of himself as an artist or musician of sorts. Diamond sings about how all the street noise is basically an invitation to put a tune to it. And that's exactly what Rick did for decades with the clanks, slaps, dings, swooshes and of course the roars of the crowd.

Rick IS an artist.  He has the ability to take what he sees on the ice and translate the visual into words which somehow become the correct pictures in your head.  THAT is an art.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Of all the gifts Rick has given us, perhaps one more: an arena song?

The words work.

... It makes me feel good, like a hand in a glove...

It would be wise to incorporate it into the game day experience in some way, similar to how Gilbert’s rendition of Wonder of You serves as the “end credits”. A major missed opportunity to further cement last night as a foundational moment going forward if it’s ignored. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Rick truly is an artist; a master of creating theater for the mind. That’s why his work transcends mere play by play. There will never be another like him. I don’t think it’s possible, otherwise we’d have heard of that person by now.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Well I don't like either one of you then. What can I say? I need new whipping boys.

There are adult websites which cater to sadists like you.  😆

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.