remake all the banners?

SDS

Sabres banners  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the Sabres banners to be remade to be uniform in appearance?

• Yes
    • No

• SDS changed the title to remake all the banners?

While I would have been in the Yes camp in the past, at least in terms of the championship banners, as I looked up last I changed my mind. They are history.

As for the retired number banners I don't see the issue and I've worked in print design for years. I guess I haven't studied them.

Studies have shown that the vast majority of people can't tell or don't notice the difference between typefaces even when it's serif vs. non serif.

This is an odd topic for today lol.

Edited by PASabreFan

2 hours ago, Blue&GoldCradle2Grave said:

This might be wishful thinking but I wish they would print up mini SHK III and NRK banners to sell in the team store. I’ve got all retired numbers and championship ones but it’s always set off the OCD a touch they don’t have those two made up

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your wonder insight. 

OCD is this sites middle name, and that hasn't even made a dent. I'd say you have a great idea.

Of course your not officially welcomed till our two wonderful hosts know you are here. Right @The Ghost of Doohickie and @Marvin, Sabres Fan? Slackers.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Blue&GoldCradle2Grave said:

This might be wishful thinking but I wish they would print up mini SHK III and NRK banners to sell in the team store. I’ve got all retired numbers and championship ones but it’s always set off the OCD a touch they don’t have those two made up

Welcome to the board!

I absolutely want SHK III and NRK banners.

• Like (+1) 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 8:16 PM, woods-racer said:

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your wonder insight. 

OCD is this sites middle name, and that hasn't even made a dent. I'd say you have a great idea.

Of course your not officially welcomed till our two wonderful hosts know you are here. Right @The Ghost of Doohickie and @Marvin, Sabres Fan? Slackers.

Dude!!

Ramadan!!

😉😘

• Haha (+1) 2

Another nothing-burger Sabres scandal.

When I was at KBC Friday I tried to pay close attention to the condition of the arena and there was nothing that wrong with it. Renovation can certainly wait until the Bills stadium is built.

Harrington and Vogl's "Jumbotron envy" and some cosmetic cracks in the floor are not reasons to get worked up over.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Another nothing-burger Sabres scandal.

When I was at KBC Friday I tried to pay close attention to the condition of the arena and there was nothing that wrong with it. Renovation can certainly wait until the Bills stadium is built.

What does this have to do with remaking the banners?

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because to me it's all related. It's born from the list of grievances started by John Vogl over the condition of the arena.

It’s not. It’s not even close.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay. 

yes, making the banners all look the same is just like the structure of the building. Lol

I assume you group jersey styles with arena renovations?

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

Welcome back and joyous Eid Al-Fitr.  Hope you had a great Ramadan.

Thanks and yes.

I can't read the whole board.

Did the Sabres do okay in April?

Is RJ really retired?

Did Tage get 40?

EDIT:

In case yous all didn't notice I am back to my original user name and I noticed that @Doohickie has been brought back to life.

It seems that the @The Ghost of NS is gone too. 

All back to normal, sort of ...

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

35 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Thanks and yes.

I can't read the whole board.

Did the Sabres do okay in April?

Is RJ really retired?

Did Tage get 40?

EDIT:

In case yous all didn't notice I am back to my original user name and I noticed that @Doohickie has been brought back to life.

It seems that the @The Ghost of NS is gone too. 

All back to normal, sort of ...

Sabres won 8 of 14 April games.

RJ is retired.

Tage got to 38 goals.  33 for Skinner.  Dahlin got to 53 points.  Owen Power looked great in his first 8 NHL games.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Dude!!

Ramadan!!

😉😘

Welcome back!

1 hour ago, Sakman said:

Yes, my kid works for Oxford Pennant, so I'd like to see them get the business. 🙂

Welcome back!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.