GDT Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres - Rick Jeanneret Banner Ceremony 6:30

SwampD

16 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

I disagree 100%. I watched the whole game and that's not what I saw.  Buffalo forechecked and backchecked the hell out NSH tonight and I thought had the better energy the entire game.  They almost scored about 10 times (including the 2 empty net misses) to go up 5-3.  They outshot NSH 35-25 and I haven't seen the stats but I bet they had twice as many high chance opportunities.

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with.  All I said was that they looked gassed at the end--not that they looked gassed all game.  And also that they played hard.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

For a while it felt like I was watching the fast paced high energy crowd enthused sabres of 2006. I even wish it was 2011 again. I’m going to be honest. The last 10 years have been tough coming February, march, April. I hope this sticks 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OverPowerYou said:

For a while it felt like I was watching the fast paced high energy crowd enthused sabres of 2006. I even wish it was 2011 again 

Keep Hopium alive.  For the first time in about 5 years I honestly feel I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  If you quote me on this I’ll deny it.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am in an Uber and heading home.  

no Wi-Fi on the plane. I only saw parts of the first period.   Very pleased to see a W for RJ   

Looked like it was on its way to being a 10-9 game. But the Sabres adjusted and choked off the Preds the last two periods. Was it 14 minutes without a Nashville shot on goal from the 2nd to the 3rd?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Wow. Great game. Proud of this team and what they are manifesting and becoming before our eyes. The growth of this team this year has been downright amazing. Happy for RJ. Happy for meatballs. I think he has changed a lot of peoples perceptions on his abilities to coach in this league. Proud of the people of Buffalo who came out in support of RJ and the Sabres. The future looks bright.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It’s truly beautiful that this isn’t even the end. We get 5 more home games with Rick before the curtain falls.

In a way, that’s what I’ll miss the most. The comfort of knowing I can turn on the broadcast on any random night and Rick’ll be making the call.

Here’s to playing out the string in style and to a bright future for the boys in blue and gold.

• Like (+1) 7

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Excellent observation about his current hardnose style of play. Who would have thought that about Mitts a couple years ago who many considered him to be a soft player? He's now an effort and grinding player like Grier only he has more offensive skills. He made some nice long passes in this game to set free players who had some open ice in front of them. 

Mitts should have had 4 assists in that game if Asplund and Tuch could have converted both or their open looks.

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Appreciate the input. I'm a lifelong fan, but not on the level recently that many of you all are. I've been trying to reignite it for years.

Welcome back!  I feel you -- and I never miss a game.

59 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Looked like it was on its way to being a 10-9 game. But the Sabres adjusted and choked off the Preds the last two periods. Was it 14 minutes without a Nashville shot on goal from the 2nd to the 3rd?

Believe I heard 17 minutes…

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stads said:

Haven't had a cry like that in a long time. This couldn't have gone any better. When Tuch gave him a hug at the end, the waterworks were uncontrollable 

Welcome back!

2 hours ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

Eakin played a great game tonight too.  Very strong on the forecheck.

Welcome back!

2 hours ago, CTJoe said:

Like JJ Peterka?

Welcome to the board!

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Great Night

If you don’t like these guys then look at yourself. That team picture at the end with RJ was as emotional as it gets.

I love tuning into games for the first time in a long time. Finish the year strong, and build for next season.

Welcome back!

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Lol.  

The return on Jack trade is looking pretty good as well. I love the joy Krebs plays with.  He’ll never forget scoring the first goal tonight.  

Watching the game in person, this was one of my biggest takeaways from the night. Nothing too hockey related, no spectacular input on anything — but about halfway through the second I turned to my girlfriend and pointed out that every second Krebs is on the ice, no matter what’s happening, the kid is playing and skating with a smile on his face 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I read the entire thread and looked at the embedded videos.  Sorry I missed it. I caught most of the first period but never got into the feel of it in a chaotic airport  This thread helps ease the disappointment of missing it.  

I’ll watch it tomorrow.  

Edit: On the positive side, my daughter charmed them into an extra banner for Dad. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.