Can We Agree Hope Never Dies?

MattPie

14 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Who doesn’t love a good dose of Hopium?

Unless you're hallucinating things from it like Pysyk being an answer at RHD or a tank is going to save us or trading all your draft assets for vets who don't work out. Otherwise it's all good.

12 minutes ago, jsb said:

Unless you're hallucinating things from it like Pysyk being an answer at RHD or a tank is going to save us or trading all your draft assets for vets who don't work out. Otherwise it's all good.

As you probably know already, I am not a fan of hopium generated by tanking, near JAGs like Pysyk or signing aging vets to long-term deals.

I am a fan of teams improving incrementally, or draft and develop and using our cap space to fill holes in our roster like goaltending and an accomplished RHD to pair with Power.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

As you probably know already, I am not a fan of hopium generated by tanking, near JAGs like Pysyk or signing aging vets to long-term deals.

I am a fan of teams improving incrementally, or draft and develop and using our cap space to fill holes in our roster like goaltending and an accomplished RHD to pair with Power.

I didn't mean to imply you did on most of those but you have to admit, you're on Pysyk staying in several of your past posts.

18 minutes ago, jsb said:

I didn't mean to imply you did on most of those but you have to admit, you're on Pysyk staying in several of your past posts.

As the 7th D for depth.  In all my capfriendly rosters I have us acquiring 1-2 Vet RHD and have Pysyk and Hinostroza re-signed as veteran depth

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

As the 7th D for depth.  In all my capfriendly rosters I have us acquiring 1-2 Vet RHD and have Pysyk and Hinostroza re-signed as veteran depth

😀😀 Am I hurting your feelings??

59 minutes ago, jsb said:

😀😀 Am I hurting your feelings??

Lol. Not at all.  It’s an important discussion as to where guys like Pysyk fit into the team going forward.  

My hope was always that guys like Pysyk, Butcher, Hinostroza, Caggiula etc were just placeholders until the kids proved ready.  However Pysyk and Vinnie have proven to fit in well here both in the locker room and on the ice. They also make good inexpensive depth going forward.

That said KA has failed the team and the fans if Pysyk opens the season next year in our top 6.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.