GDT: 3/30/2022: Winnipeg at Buffalo 7:00PM ET MSG-B WGR

Doohickie

Things I'm looking forward to seeing:

How does the D play without Muel? He's had his ups and downs, but overall he's been a menace to opposing rushes and has blocked shots well. With Hagg gone and Miller out, the Sabres will have a lighter d-corps tonight.

The continued resurgence of healthy VO. The shot is back. And the playmaking (that pass to Tuch for the GTG? *chef's kiss*), too. Looking forward to a strong game from Asplund-Mitts-VO or whichever line combo HCMeatballs goes with.

Get the PK re-settled. They were great vs. VGK, TOR, and EDM (9/10 kills) and have been poor since (5/10 kills). The good thing is power play opportunities allowed are few and far between, so it's not costing them too badly -- they've won both games where the opposition went 2/2 on the PP. However, there's an ugly stretch of beastly PPs coming up and I'd like to see the kill get going (even without Muel on the ice).

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Things I'm looking forward to see:

How does the D play without Muel? He's had his ups and downs, but overall he's been a menace to opposing rushes and has blocked shots well. With Hagg gone and Miller out, the Sabres will have a lighter d-corps tonight.

The continued resurgence of healthy VO. The shot is back. And the playmaking (that pass to Tuch for the GTG? *chef's kiss*), too. Looking forward to a strong game from Asplund-Mitts-VO or whichever line combo HCMeatballs goes with.

Get the PK re-settled. They were great vs. VGK, TOR, and EDM (9/10 kills) and have been poor since (5/10 kills). The good thing is power play opportunities allowed are few and far between, so it's not costing them too badly -- they've won both games where the opposition went 2/2 on the PP. However, there's an ugly stretch of beastly PPs coming up and I'd like to see the kill get going (even without Muel on the ice).

The play of Mitts/VO/Aspy hasn’t been getting enough attention over the recent run.

With the front line showing some inconsistency, it has more than compensated.

One of the best things about this current forward lineup is that I actually don’t have to check out or just hang on when certain lines come over the boards. They all have players who can make plays.

It’s been a long, long time since I’ve felt that way.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• This is the second and final between the Sabres and Jets this season. 
• Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Winnipeg 4-2 in Winnipeg on Dec. 14, 2021. 
• The Sabres are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games against the Jets: 4-5-1 at home. 

• This is the 67th game all-time between Buffalo and Winnipeg; Buffalo has a 29-26-11 series record. 
• The Sabres are 18-11-4 at home against the Jets all-time. 

• Buffalo won the first matchup between these teams this season and is looking for a series sweep over Winnipeg for the first time since it won all four games during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons. 

• The Sabres enter tonight's game with at least a point in each of their last six games (4-0-2) for the first time since Oct. 3 to Oct. 14, 2019 (5-0-1). 
• With a point tonight, Buffalo would own its first seven-game point streak since the team won 10 games in a row from Nov. 8 to 27, 2018. 
• The team also recorded a point in eight straight games (7-0-1) spanning two seasons. That streak included the last two games of 2018-19 and the fist six games of the 2019-20 season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Things I'm looking forward to seeing:

While I agree that VO's all-around game continues to improve (and as such do not want to trade him as many here have suggested), I do not think the slapper is back.  Both of his goals against Chicago were great shots, but one was a snap shot and one was a wrister.  I still haven't seen him blast the one-time slapper like he used to.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

The play of Mitts/VO/Aspy hasn’t been getting enough attention over the recent run.

With the front line showing some inconsistency, it has more than compensated.

One of the best things about this current forward lineup is that I actually don’t have to check out or just hang on when certain lines come over the boards. They all have players who can make plays.

It’s been a long, long time since I’ve felt that way.

Interesting Stats this month (March): Forward Line Totals

1. Tuch-Skinner-Thompson      27 points led by Tage's 11, 15 goals led by Skinner's 7, TOI 17:24 led by Tage 18:10
  2. Krebs-Cozens-Hinostroza.   17 points, Cozens/Hinostroza tied with 6, 6 goals Hinostroza/Krebs tied with 3, TOI 14:35 led by Cozens 15:24
  3. Asplund-Mitts-Olofsson       23 points Mitts/VO tied with 9, 10 goals led by VO with 7, TOI 14:34 led by Mitts with 16:42
  4. Girgs (7 games)-Eakin-Okposo.  10 points led by Okposo 8, 5 goals led by Okposo 4, TOI 14:59 led by Okposo 17: 17

Interesting side notes: Cozens has 0 goals this month. Asplund with lowest TOI 11:47. Eakin with 0 points for the month.

Defense Stats:

1. Dahlin-Jokiharju-Samuelsson-Bryson                         16 Points led by Dahlin w/9, TOI 22:01 led by Dahlin 24:13, 
  2. 3rd pairing guys: Pysyk-Fitzgerald-Butcher-Miller     6 points Butcher/Miller tied with 2, TOI 15:30 led by Fitzgerald 16:33

LETS GO BUFFALO

Mangle Winnipeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, jsb said:

Interesting Stats this month (March): Forward Line Totals

1. Tuch-Skinner-Thompson      27 points led by Tage's 11, 15 goals led by Skinner's 7, TOI 17:24 led by Tage 18:10
  2. Krebs-Cozens-Hinostroza.   17 points, Cozens/Hinostroza tied with 6, 6 goals Hinostroza/Krebs tied with 3, TOI 14:35 led by Cozens 15:24
  3. Asplund-Mitts-Olofsson       23 points Mitts/VO tied with 9, 10 goals led by VO with 7, TOI 14:34 led by Mitts with 16:42
  4. Girgs (7 games)-Eakin-Okposo.  10 points led by Okposo 8, 5 goals led by Okposo 4, TOI 14:59 led by Okposo 17: 17

Interesting side notes: Cozens has 0 goals this month. Asplund with lowest TOI 11:47. Eakin with 0 points for the month.

Defense Stats:

1. Dahlin-Jokiharju-Samuelsson-Bryson                         16 Points led by Dahlin w/9, TOI 22:01 led by Dahlin 24:13, 
  2. 3rd pairing guys: Pysyk-Fitzgerald-Butcher-Miller     6 points Butcher/Miller tied with 2, TOI 15:30 led by Fitzgerald 16:33

LETS GO BUFFALO

Mangle Winnipeg

That's about as balanced an attack as we've seen in a long time.

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

While I agree that VO's all-around game continues to improve (and as such do not want to trade him as many here have suggested), I do not think the slapper is back.  Both of his goals against Chicago were great shots, but one was a snap shot and one was a wrister.  I still haven't seen him blast the one-time slapper like he used to.

That's fair. Let's hope the uncompromising big brother to the shotgun makes its return soon as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.