GDT: 3/30/2022: Winnipeg at Buffalo 7:00PM ET MSG-B WGR

Doohickie

That was a garbage call on Wheeler’s goal.

stack another good effort and another point.

What amazes me is the Sabres are doing this with bad goaltending and bad special teams.

Imagine this team with middle of the league goaltending and average PP and PK

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

It’s one of those nights we deserved a better fate. Dad blew chunks in the shoot out. 

We should have put them away before that.  The PP in OT was bad. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

A pretty uncharacteristic night for a few guys. The effort was there, so I can't complain. They just weren't quite dialed in with each other, and Anderson was far worse than usual in the shootout. 

The Mitts line was very good, he had a magnet in his stick on the forecheck and Asplund easily had his best game since October, and is trending positively. 

Dahlin had the worst night I've seen from him in weeks, but he was still good. Fatigue-induced giveaways were really the only issue. 

I think the team missed Samuelsson, especially against a bruising team like WPG

And I'm not sure how Winnipeg's defense has been all year, but they were very disciplined in their gaps and active in passing lanes. The Sabres were forcing too much through the middle sometimes. Other times, they got the cycle going (not just on the boards, but through the acorn's hat part of the offensive zone) to confuse the Jets and got some good chances from that. A well played & coached game by both teams 

I'm ready for Friday night. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

What amazes me is the Sabres are doing this with bad goaltending and bad special teams.

If Kevyn was Brandon Beane, his offseason moves would leave no doubt that he is going all-in on fixing these three things, their three biggest weaknesses. Let's see what you've learned Kevyn 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

If Kevyn was Brandon Beane, his offseason moves would leave no doubt that he is going all-in on fixing these three things, their three biggest weaknesses. Let's see what you've learned Kevyn 

Waiting on beane to fix the o line and corner but sure

9 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

It's a bitch move, drives me crazy. 

Saw Tokarski get beat on that move… Didn’t ever expect to see Anderson get beat on it… 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Waiting on beane to fix the o line and corner but sure

What was the Bills' biggest need after the 2017 season? Clearing 100 mil in dead cap. They did that, got their franchise QB in the meantime, and were immediately in shape to build an elite team.

What was the Bills' biggest need after the 2018 season? Well, they had one of the worst offensive lines in history, and Spain/Morse/Feliciano/Nsekhe made it average so that Josh didn't get himself killed in 2019. Some well-placed receiver additions got the team right back to the playoffs.

What was the Bills' biggest need after the 2019 season? Offense, finishing drives, and a #1WR. Enter Diggs and the best offensive season in Bills history.

What was the Bills' biggest need after the 2020 season? Continuity, shoring up the run defense. They didn't really add anyone to do this, but became the #1 defense statistically while maintaining an offense capable of scoring 12 TDs in 16 playoff drives

What was the Bills' biggest need after the 2021 season? They needed one more stop against Patrick Mahomes on 3rd down, one more KC punt to win that game. So he got The Closer. 

We still have all our draft picks, he will make sure CB is at least adequately filled and I know this entirely because of his track record of attacking weaknesses

I am waiting for Kevyn to show me for the first time that he can identify and attack his team's weaknesses, the circumstances of his 2 offseasons have kind of prevented him from really shaping the team himself (Krueger first, then needing to blow it up), it's his first real shot to mold a promising pile of clay into a beautiful vase, I hope he can do it 

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Honestly, I feel like our goaltending the last month has been pretty solid. And just so happens we're winning a lot and (minus EDM) competitive when we don't. Anderson let a couple of "eh" goals in in regulation, but also saved a handful of others that could've easily gone in. Played well enough to get the W in regulation, we just couldn't stop body shotting Hellebuyck. He was brutal in the shootout, though. 

Will be an interesting offseason. A solid vet goalie needs to be priority 1, but boy howdy, that's gonna be a crowded market. I've loved what Andy has brought to the team, but depending on a 40 year old goalie again is playing with fire.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.