Dump Ruff

bottlecap

Sending down Roy, a burner and a game breaker, is the last straw.

One offensive guy after another has complained year after year

about Ruff, who could make a sharp knife dull just by looking

at it. I want exciting, fast skating offensive stars on this team,

not cronyism, protecting Darcy's mistakes,

and clogging up the middle with guys like Gaustad and Taylor.

I've had high hopes for Pyatt, who has the tools, but neither him or Connolly

have ever looked anywhere close to a #1 draft pick. My question

about all these under-achieving offensive guys we have is how

much is Ruff's button down philosophy hampering them? I think Ruff

seriously puts the clamps down on emerging young offensive guys.

And it looks like we gave up on Bartovic, another burner.

Now that we need a good physical defenseman, how did we lose

Brad Brown anyway? Didn't we sign him and poof, the Leafs

got him? I liked that guy.

Darcy: how long is it going to take you to commit to a two

goalie system? My answer? trade Biron, keep Noronen and

get rid of that Leighton guy, what the heck are you clogging

up the system with extra goalies now?

Don't trade or draft anymore goalies, you have much more than you need!

I'm sure it's part of some master plan.

:(

Guest Kristian

I definitely agree with everything you said on Ruff.

The man wouldn't know offense if it jumped up and kicked him in the backside.

Furthermore, I'm sick and tired of his doghouse mentality. Some players can do no wrong, and some never catch a break. What's sick about this, is that he appears to favor the lazy, coasting "talents", while the hard working maybe not quite as talented players, keep the short end of the stick.

Add to the fact that he can't work with youngsters, OR veterans. Ask Doug Gilmour and Dave Andreychuk about that. Lindy's pure stroke of genious trying turning Gilmour into a winger after a whole CAREER at center, still makes wonder what the hell he smokes before games :blink:

As it has been covered in countless (atleast 1 thread), Roy was sent down because he did not have to clear wavers, thats the reason. As far as your assertion that he is a game breaker, he may be a nice little player but hardly distinguished himself as a clear cut NHL top liner. Gaustad fills his roll with more size and he will be back up before you know it.

As far as Leighton goes, he's AHL specific. Not meant for the Sabres. Also freeing up one of Buffalo's Goalies to be moved. Alrighty then? <_<

ive been saying 'dump ruff' for the last 2 years at least... its bad yea... if we do have another year of futility then maybe he'll get fired as a result... i hope were a winning team this year but if not maybe one thing good will come of it... ruff and regier gettin canned.

I can't believe I'm about to do this but I think both Darcy and Lindy have been handcuffed in recent years. Lindy can only do so much with the players he has. The "D" first system was a necessity because offense could not be counted on and the Goaltending was usually decent.

Darcy has been under budget restrictions. Everybody wants to see tons of player movement and big names coming to town. Under the current budget, this isn't possible. Both Satan and Zhitnik displayed just last night why they were not economically smart. They might put up #'s(Satan) or log ass loads of ice time(Z), but neither is a clutch performer worth half of what they are being paid.

Lets wait until another Bob Corkum deal to jump down their throats.

Archived