Is the Ducks logo and color change the worst in the NHL?

LGR4GM

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

Current logo is not good, old one was much better. Colors aren’t bad but old ones were better and more unique/iconic.  Even the name change wasn’t an improvement.

Overall, changes get a D grade.

D for Duck?

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I have Disney+ and watched the mighty ducks the other day. That got me thinking, is this logo and color change the absolute worst in the NHL? 

Specifically the og logo to the current weird webbed D logo is just awful. 

Anaheim-Ducks-Logo-history.thumb.jpg.88da13303e68dc988c29f617a98e01ed.jpg

Looks like a space ship in a cartoon.

44 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

I like the original.  IMO, the Minnesota Wild logo is pretty sad too. 

I'm not sure what I think of the wild. In a way, its really great because there is so much going on with it...the whole logo is the head of a bear..the mouth is a lake or river, the star for the eye, the trees, a lot of thought and work went into it.  But that may be the problem, there is SO much in there that unless you really stop and look at it really closely, you miss most of the details.

• Like (+1) 1

Worst logo/color changes, in no particular order:

Ducks, Kings, Canucks, Jets, Capitals, Panthers. 

The Ducks are The Mighty Ducks

The Kings are *****in purple!

The Canucks are Pavel Bure

The Jets are Teemu Selanne

The Caps are not as bad as I'm making them out to be, but they were really bad for so long and they didn't have to mess with the original. They didn't improve it.

The Panthers have a soccer logo.

51 minutes ago, Who Else? said:

Penguins have the worst logo in all pro sports.  3/4 of their jersey variations are god awful.  Their best jerseys (light blues) don’t have either the logo or the team colors. 

Welcome to the board!

The worst version of Anaheim's uniform is the one I call "Stupor Duck" which has that duck breaking through ice holding a hockey stick and in trying to look like a teal and burgundy Superman.  IMHO, it is right down there with Boston's teddy bear, The Slug, and the Vancouver "V".

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The worst version of Anaheim's uniform is the one I call "Stupor Duck" which has that duck breaking through ice holding a hockey stick and in trying to look like a teal and burgundy Superman.  IMHO, it is right down there with Boston's teddy bear, The Slug, and the Vancouver "V".

It looks like a bargain bin knockoff jersey.

I think all the ducks stuff is dreadful tbh. 

Edited by steveoath
My speelunk woz badder.
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.