A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs AND how it benefits the Sabres draft position

Crusader1969

7 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

I realize much can change in 12 months. But even assuming none of VGK's 'seasoned vets' regress a bit because of age, can anyone see this team beating COL or Calgary in a seven game series to get out of the West playoffs next year? And if they should, could they beat any of the top 4 teams in the east to win a Cup? I'd say there's less than a 5% chance of Las Vegas winning a Cup before that roster disintegrates.

Personally, all of my data has been post slew of injuries. I really don’t know who they have coming back and how that may bolster the team. FWIW, Boston seems to be hanging on with an aging core.

21 minutes ago, SDS said:

Personally, all of my data has been post slew of injuries. I really don’t know who they have coming back and how that may bolster the team. FWIW, Boston seems to be hanging on with an aging core.

I agree that I thought Boston would be not as good as they are for a while now....but personally I think Marchand and Bergeron are a bit better than the top players on Vegas as their age, AND Pastrnak is better than pretty much anyone on Vegas (my opinion). Their D-core (Boston) also has their best players being the younger ones, as opposed to Vegas. McAvoy, Lindholm, and Carlo get 20-24 minutes of ice time per game, and their average age is only about 25.  The Vegas back end is where they really are having an aging problem.

3 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

C02927D8-ADFD-4257-AC0D-442DD6BC92B4.jpeg

Read the first letter of each word. Those funny sharks 

Read the first letter of each word. Those funny sharks 

Except it wasn’t the Sharks that created that message. It was a fan who bought 10+ tickets and fans who do that are allowed to create and send a send a message to their group via the Jumbotron. Creative Sharks fan for sure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Aside from the attitude/culture issues, it's fair to note that Eichel has missed quite a bit of time with injury over his career.  He didn't miss substantial time in his 1st, 4th or 5th seasons, but:

2nd year -- 21 games missed

3rd year -- 15 games

6th year -- 35 games

7th year -- 47 games

To be fair, the 6th and 7th year were the same injury (mostly anyway) and the delay in surgery was why he missed so many games.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Which is mildly odd, because he doesn’t really play a tremendously physical game, despite being ridiculously strong.

I'll bet he's done too much strength training without adequate stretching/flexibility:  He's musclebound, which actually makes him more prone to injury (my speculation).

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

To be fair, the 6th and 7th year were the same injury (mostly anyway) and the delay in surgery was why he missed so many games.

I'll bet he's done too much strength training without adequate stretching/flexibility:  He's musclebound, which actually makes him more prone to injury (my speculation).

Being muscle bound is a relic of the 70s. That isn’t a theory that people ascribe to anymore.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

"On paper, what can anyone say we're missing? We have it all," Pacioretty said. "But at the same time, everyone knows that hard work beats that talent on paper and chemistry is probably what's most important, on and off the ice."

A subtle indictment of Jack perhaps?

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Barely though. Their offense struggles at time. The "perfection line" is gone and Bergeron/Marchand are both looking past it at times. Main offense relies on the Hall Pasternak Haula line. The D however is very good, young and deep. Lindholm signing gave them a solid top pairing.

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Being muscle bound is a relic of the 70s. That isn’t a theory that people ascribe to anymore.

I don’t know about the term muscle bound, but Is it not true that if you do a lot of heavy weight training, without emphasizing flexibility enough, you can lose flexibility and become more injury prone?

I wasn’t alive in the 70’s, but I’ve definitely heard people talk about this.

Eichel is someone who was doing serious weight training from a young age, 14-15 I believe, well before he was in the NHL.  Is it not possible that some early years at least he was lifting too heavy and/or not working enough on flexibility and that has made him prone to some types of injury?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

😄  😁😆  😁😆

We laugh now... but like I said when he was traded, he won't last more than 2-3 seasons in Vegas, he'll end up in Boston in the not too distant future.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

As long as Boston has to pay through the nose. Then he may break another franchise lol

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Won’t happen.  He’s not a Bruin type.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Neither is Taylor Hall, but they signed him.

Would anything be more fitting?  God I want this to happen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

That image of Eichel raising his arms like that reminded me of something I saw here on SabreSpace back in the days of yesteryear. We had a member whose username was “eball”. His profile pic was Mats Sundin, then-Captain of the TMLs, raising a golf club bag over his head as if he was raising the Stanley Cup.

It was funny back then, and it’s still LOL material today.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SDS said:

I'm too sexy for this thread.

Too sexy for this thread.

It just goes to my head...

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.