Frozen 4 Championship Tournament 3/24/22

jsb

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Not sure Power left the ice in the last 6 mins.  
adds 3rd and 4th assist down the stretch.

What a presence on the blue line.  There’s an efficiency to his game, calm and cool  

guess we gotta wait another 2 weeks for him 

4 apples for Power in the 2nd game.

Definitely looks like the coach took off his speed governors and ankle weights.  

The Defense pairing of Edwards and Blankenburg tried to give the game away. Why that coach pulled the goalie with 4 minutes left I will never know. Killed All momentum.

I like Portillo. He is a leader as well as a talented goalie.

Power was tremendous. A horse at both ends. 4 assists.

The difference between Power and Hughes was the 3rd period where when the game got tight, Power was on the ice and Hughes wasn’t.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The Defense pairing of Edwards and Blankenburg tried to give the game away. Why that coach pulled the goalie with 4 minutes left I will never know. Killed All momentum.

The difference between Power and Hughes was the 3rd period where when the game got tight, Power was on the ice and Hughes wasn’t.

He was trying to take advantage of the momentum.  They had won like 5 draws in a row and were buzzing the Michigan net for the last 10 minutes.  He thought they would win the draw (they did) and continue the same pressure.  One bad pass and game over.  I have no problem with the decision.  I wish DG had done it earlier when we had team hemmed in their zone. 

56 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

51 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He was trying to take advantage of the momentum.  They had won like 5 draws in a row and were buzzing the Michigan net for the last 10 minutes.  He thought they would win the draw (they did) and continue the same pressure.  One bad pass and game over.  I have no problem with the decision.  I wish DG had done it earlier when we had team hemmed in their zone. 

2 and a half minutes left sure but 5 minutes left in a one goal game, asinine. He didn’t need to pull the goalie, just keep pressing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I can certainly understand the idea but I would of waited until our guys had won the draw and had cycled it a bit before adding the extra attacker. By going EN before the draw, Michigan's players saw a ticket out of this chaos and rallied to it. Had Q pulled the goalie after Michigan already had been trapped, again, in their zone again 20+ seconds; you gain the advantage of winded Michigan players being less capable of deciding as a group whether to go at the EN or just turtle.

That would be my opinion on it. 

I don't really want to start a separate thread. I thought I remembered one, but I don't see it now. Any chance we are going to be competitive for any of the undrafted players that have NHL potential coming out of the Frozen Four? Seems our cap space ought to give us the capacity to be players in the market if we choose to go that way.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I don't really want to start a separate thread. I thought I remembered one, but I don't see it now. Any chance we are going to be competitive for any of the undrafted players that have NHL potential coming out of the Frozen Four? Seems our cap space ought to give us the capacity to be players in the market if we choose to go that way.

use the search option to find the thread you want

40 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, I found it. It must be on page three or later . . . not much discussion, really, but Ben Myers was brought up. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

Ben Meyers won’t come here. There really isn’t a Centre spot for him on the NHL team.  I think Eakin’s spot goes to Asplund or Krebs who are centres playing the wing at the moment. His hometown team Minnesota could put him in the lineup and let him playoff games this season. And they need cheap talent with that cap mess they are about to be in.

Livingstone from Minn St. is interesting. He is a RHD. 

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.