How many Norris Trophies will Dahlin win?

Crusader1969

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Slow down a little. I love Dahlin too but he's got a long road to bring a Norris contender

The OP says nothing about timing.  Slow and steady, but he is clearly showing that he is the real deal.  I think by the time he is 25 he will be a Norris contender most, if not all, years.  That is not to say that I expect him to win 'x' Norris Trophies, or any.  I am confident that he will be the best Sabre for the forseeable future.

• Like (+1) 1

There are a select few great blue line players with a number of young defenders approaching that tier in this league. In my view, he is in the group that is approaching that emerging tier. I'm not going to say that he will eventually win the Norris Trophy but I'm comfortable in saying that in another year or two he will be in the conversation when discussing the Norris. 

What I can say now is that Dahlin is our best player and our most important player. And what is even more exciting is that he has more room to grow. Right now, you can see in his play that he is exuding a supreme confidence in himself. And beyond his play that can be statistically analyzed you can see him becoming a leader on this team. 

A player of his talents deserves to be on a winning team and become a showcase player in this league. This organization has to have the urgency to make that happen. 

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It was only just a few month ago many of you here were calling him a bust, soft, dumb, and other negatives.  

Times they are a changin’.  

Didn't we have a thread urging that he be sent down to the AHL? And wasn't there another thread that advocated for Cozens to be dispatched on the thruway heading east to Rochester? What's the definition of fickle? 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Cage said:

Shame on all those who wanted to trade him and/or switch him to forward

You would hope they learnt their lesson.  Their posts seem utterly embarrassing now looking back at them 

I would go back and repost a few of the most cringeworthy but that would be “dumb” of me to do 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

You would hope they learnt their lesson.  Their posts seem utterly embarrassing now looking back at them 

I would go back and repost a few of the most cringeworthy but that would be “dumb” of me to do 

Reminds me of the Sam Reinhart that pervaded the board long after Reinhart got much much better. Most of those posters will never admit their error. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

There are a select few great blue line players with a number of young defenders approaching that tier in this league. In my view, he is in the group that is approaching that emerging tier. I'm not going to say that he will eventually win the Norris Trophy but I'm comfortable in saying that in another year or two he will be in the conversation when discussing the Norris. 

What I can say now is that Dahlin is our best player and our most important player. And what is even more exciting is that he has more room to grow. Right now, you can see in his play that he is exuding a supreme confidence in himself. And beyond his play that can be statistically analyzed you can see him becoming a leader on this team. 

A player of his talents deserves to be on a winning team and become a showcase player in this league. This organization has to have the urgency to make that happen. 

Didn't we have a thread urging that he be sent down to the AHL? And wasn't there another thread that advocated for Cozens to be dispatched on the thruway heading east to Rochester? What's the definition of fickle? 

It’s pretty exciting to think we have another stud to add to the Dcore in less than 3 weeks.  I expect growing pains for Power but if he reaches his potential.  Wow, things are about to get really exciting 

As Rasmus said last night “we (Sabres) are about to become a really good team” 

• Like (+1) 1

The Norris is usually about who scores the most. He will get his share of points but I want to see continued growth in his defensive play, physical play and the ease with which the puck exits the Sabres end.

He will be a better all round Dman than Fox and Makar in my opinion. The way he can control the game at both ends is wonderful.

If Power reaches his potential and Mule keeps improving his shutdown game while adding a touch of scoring, the Sabres will never have a weak pairing on the ice.

Scary good.

10 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

If this is him at 21, how good is he going to be at 24??

he’s the face of the franchise already 

He isn't as good as Cale Makar who stepped in from day 1 and has dominated, but he still has 3 years to get to where Makar is now.

Edited by matter2003

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He isn't as good as Cale Makar who stepped in from day 1 and has dominated, but he still has 3 years to get to where Makar is now.

Where does the 3 years come from?  Dahlin is 1.5 years younger than Makar.

Also, Dahlin is not going to get to where Makar is now.  I just don’t see any way that he becomes that offensively dynamic, could be better defensively though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.