Practice Notes 3/9/22

Brawndo

28 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Dylan is such a diplomat.

Right, because what he says goes against your preconceived narrative,  he’s a “diplomat”. 

The interviewer clearly, specifically followed up with a prompt for a sound bite about the room being better and Cozens shot it down by specifically saying Jack was great to HIM. He could have said anything. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Right, because what he says goes against your preconceived narrative,  he’s a “diplomat”. 

The interviewer clearly, specifically followed up with a prompt for a sound bite about the room being better and Cozens shot it down by specifically saying Jack was great to HIM. He could have said anything. 

ummm okay

25 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Eakin getting ice time is the biggest mark against Granato to date in my book. The analytics department should be berating Granato at this point over how terrible eakin is. 

i'm hoping they are trying to sell.

From Sam Ventura's mouth, they are tasked with providing info to the coaching staff, the coaches decide how to use it. I'm curious what Ventura's info says about Cody. It's pretty clear the NHL teams use numbers and criteria that are different than what the public sees.

In Eakin's case, the eye test certainly tells you enough, IMO.

Edited by dudacek

5 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Dylan is such a diplomat.

Mitts said the exact same complimentary things about Jack after he was traded. 

And after Jack was traded Okposo gave positive remarks about Jack and wished him well. 

Everyone knew that it was inevitable that Jack was going to be traded. After he was dealt I can't recall any negative comments about him. 

I think it's ironic really that Jack bailed on team when he did; plus the injury came at a terrible time. But I think had a healthy Jack played on this team even he would have been surprised at the success of the youth movement and the team would be competitive right now.

In other words, it's not the rebuild that set the team back; it's Jack's absence- first his injury, then his departure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.