GDT - Panthers @ Sabres - Monday, March 7, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

We'll be in the nosebleeds tonight.  Whether I'm sober is another matter. 

MANHANDLE WHISKERS

How old is your son?  Old enough to drive you both home.  Young enough to not want to see his father ***** face drunk?

Anyway, try to behave yourself and if you can't we never seen yous before.

😉

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

I think we're in agreement on most of it.  

Yes, Eichel was kind of captain for a little while?  Peca was the captain of a team that reached the semifinals twice and the finals once.  And of course, he wasn't the primary contributor, but there is at least *something* there.  Time has passed, too.

But I totally agree that these tributes should be very few and far between.  That was kind of my initial point and the reason for the comparison to Marshawn Lynch.

Eichel was a captain. Peca was a leader.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Eichel was captain (still the last person to wear the C) and was a skating highlights package 6 seasons -- starting with that first race to the puck, wheel and drive and score against.. Columbus. He even garnered some Hart attention despite being on a garbage team. Take the 60 seconds during a TV timeout to give a PA announcement and roll a highlight film with some RJ calls overlaid. It'd be easy to produce and show some goodwill to a player and give the fans a chance to wish him well. The organization can show it's all water under the bridge, say welcome back, and show some class.

I like this take. I would argue it’s less about acknowledging Eichel, too, and more about acknowledging the fans who would appreciate the closure. There *are* some fans out there in that group.

I’d be one to appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

So just as I thought (and hoped), Tuch is ok. May need a couple days to heal up, but no major damage done … good.

Let’s just hope it’s nothing like that Skinner injury he was magically ok after (but not really) 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Discussed in Multiple other threads. In fact this is your go to post more or less.  We get it, you want to trade Levi and a 1st for a player like Reinhart while totally ignoring where Florida was as a team and where Buffalo is. 

In fairness, would you not take Reinhart back for Levi and a pick? I definitely would. 

It’s obviously not going to happen, though, and I don’t really think that’s the type of deal he’s advocating for 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Let’s just hope it’s nothing like that Skinner injury he was magically ok after (but not really) 

In fairness, would you not take Reinhart back for Levi and a pick? I definitely would. 

It’s obviously not going to happen, though, and I don’t really think that’s the type of deal he’s advocating for 

Ik it's not, I'm just saying and have been saying it's hard to find the deal he wants and Reinhart was his example. 

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Well yeah. He's worth considerably more now as a signed player than a RFA

• Thanks (+1) 1

• This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Panthers this season. 
• Last meeting: Florida defeated Buffalo 7-4 in Florida on Dec. 2, 2021. 
• Next meeting: Sunday, April 3 in Buffalo. 

• The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games against the Panthers; 5-5-0 at home. 
• This is the 105th game all-time between Buffalo and Florida; Buffalo has a 52-43-9 series record. 
• The Sabres are 30-19-4 at home against the Panthers all-time.

• Tonight's game wraps up Buffalo's 11th of 16 sets of back-to-back games this season, which began with a 3-0 loss vs. Los Angeles on Sunday. 
• The Sabres are 4-6-1 in the first game of back-to-back sets and 1-5-4 in the second game so far this season.
• Buffalo's point breakdown in back-to-back sets this season is: four points (0), three points (3), two points (2), one point (2) and zero points (3).

• Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.