Most Shots on Goal in Sabres' History(I'm bored)

Stads

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

No, I think it's Nathan Lieuwen.

In another thread just yesterday there where draft discussion leading up to the picking of Sam then Jack and I was reviewing the previous years drafts by class(09-14). The 2010 and the 2011 draft classes back to back was some of the worst drafting  in Sabres history. There were only 2 players from both those draft classes combined that made it to the NHL. 15 selections netted two NHL caliper players. 

I was shocked to see @Stads question later on that day. If I hadn't been looking at that draft just hours earlier I would never have even remembered him. It's not Nathan.

5 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

It would be wild if the goalie was the answer lol. 

But I think it might be Armia?

It is Armia. He played one game for the Sabres in 2014-2015. Now let's name all of the 2011 draft picks

Edited by Stads
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Monsieur Gauthier-Leduc was 2010 . CJ is a center who played in parts of 4 seasons for Rochester. He is currently playing for Székesfehérvár Alba Volan of the Austrian Hockey League...if that helps.

9 hours ago, Stads said:

Monsieur Gauthier-Leduc was 2010 . CJ is a center who played in parts of 4 seasons for Rochester. He is currently playing for Székesfehérvár Alba Volan of the Austrian Hockey League...if that helps.

It did not. It did however help me research through Eliteprospects and find him. Now I feel bad... he was a T-Bird and I've seen him play back in the day.

But even in EA NHL14 and the Sabres/Amerks lack of center depth I don't think his avatar got much playing time.

• Like (+1) 1

I am going to list ten names. Five of these names are actual Sabres' draft picks from 2006 to 2010. The other five are completely made up. Let's see who can get the most right.

1. Jean-Simon Allard

2. Cedrick Henley

3. Luc Beauchamp 

4. Ivan Poltov

5. Felix Schutz

6. Adam Maynard

7. Benjamin Breault

8. David Parsons

9. Christian Blair

10. Mark Adams

1 hour ago, Stads said:

The last member of the 2011 draft has the initials BN. If you know this, I am worried about you

This is one I know! Brad Navin is from only 45 minutes from my hometown. Never amounted to much of anything in the Sabres org. But as a 7th that wasn’t a surprise. 

1 hour ago, Stads said:

I am going to list ten names. Five of these names are actual Sabres' draft picks from 2006 to 2010. The other five are completely made up. Let's see who can get the most right.

1. Jean-Simon Allard

2. Cedrick Henley

3. Luc Beauchamp 

4. Ivan Poltov

5. Felix Schutz

6. Adam Maynard

7. Benjamin Breault

8. David Parsons

9. Christian Blair

10. Mark Adams

Will go w/ 3-7 being real.

45 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

This is one I know! Brad Navin is from only 45 minutes from my hometown. Never amounted to much of anything in the Sabres org. But as a 7th that wasn’t a surprise. 

Since he was grew up so close to where you are, I'm not worried

33 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Will go w/ 3-7 being real.

5 out of 10 are real. The game is who can name the most 

40 minutes ago, Stads said:

Since he was grew up so close to where you are, I'm not worried

5 out of 10 are real. The game is who can name the most 

And the guess was that 1, 2, 8, 9, & 10 aren't real players.  Not that you had chosen somewhere between 3-7 real players. (Though, kind of like Cliff Claven's "who are 3 people who have never been in my kitchen" that would be technically correct. 😉 )

Or are you also looking for the year they were drafted?  Which would be a true challenge.

7 hours ago, Stads said:

1. Jean-Simon Allard  - real

2. Cedrick Henley  - real.  In an EA NHL franchise mode I traded him and then he evolved him into a really good player for someone else. Super tall if I recall?

3. Luc Beauchamp 

4. Ivan Poltov

5. Felix Schutz  - real, and ended up with a very solid DEL career

6. Adam Maynard

7. Benjamin Breault   - real. But I have the least confidence in this guy. I might be confusing with Maxime Legault who was another EA NHL guy who turned into an AHL stud/Amerks Captain for me.

8. David Parsons

9. Christian Blair

10. Mark Adams  - real

• Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.