2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

10 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Baker Mayfield traded to Carolina for a conditional 5th, how far he's fallen... 

Pending a physical. 

Teams split the Financials. 

Jest fans have to be loving what's going on in Cleveland.  'Cause the Browns are waaaay Jetsier than they've ever been.

• Like (+1) 1

I recall reports - fwiw - that Beane would have preferred Darnold to Allen, but he wasn't getting up into the top-3 in order to get him. So they resolved to move up from 12 and choose Allen ahead of some other QB-needy team (Arizona, iirc).

Accepting that as true: It's funny how random success can be in pro sports.

OTOH, if Darnold had come into the McBeane-led Bills, maybe things go very differently for him. Maybe? (Who cares.)

Also, it never gets old to shoutout Jeremy White's pre-draft devotion to Josh Rosen. What an absolutely brutal take for someone in the takery business.

Allen and Jackson as the successful QB's from 2018 seem to confirm: Don't play it safe. Go get the guy with the upside.

51 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I recall reports - fwiw - that Beane would have preferred Darnold to Allen, but he wasn't getting up into the top-3 in order to get him. So they resolved to move up from 12 and choose Allen ahead of some other QB-needy team (Arizona, iirc).

Accepting that as true: It's funny how random success can be in pro sports.

OTOH, if Darnold had come into the McBeane-led Bills, maybe things go very differently for him. Maybe? (Who cares.)

Also, it never gets old to shoutout Jeremy White's pre-draft devotion to Josh Rosen. What an absolutely brutal take for someone in the takery business.

Allen and Jackson as the successful QB's from 2018 seem to confirm: Don't play it safe. Go get the guy with the upside.

Is the bolded the takeaway or is it make sure you get somebody competent working with the guy by year 2 at the latest to keep from ####ing it up.  Maybe a bit of both.  Could see Allen having developed under Gailey too, but could ANY of the other coaching staffs they've had this century have been trusted to help him reach his potential?

Shudder to think what Jauron would've done to him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Baker Mayfield traded to Carolina for a conditional 5th, how far he's fallen... 

Pending a physical. 

Teams split the Financials. 

That’s not Baker falling, that’s the rest of the league knowing that the Browns ***** up.

• Agree 1

That looks fun.

The NFL will presumably be learning a lesson from European soccer, where clubs with long histories tweak their main uniforms every year and come up with entirely new alternates/thirds every year as well. It’s like printing money.

Jeremy White this morning was mentioning a red Bills helmet.  I really like the current look--it's very sharp.  I'd rather they not tamper with it.

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That looks fun.

The NFL will presumably be learning a lesson from European soccer, where clubs with long histories tweak their main uniforms every year and come up with entirely new alternates/thirds every year as well. It’s like printing money.

NBA does it too.

34 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Jeremy White this morning was mentioning a red Bills helmet.  I really like the current look--it's very sharp.  I'd rather they not tamper with it.

NBA does it too.

Ahhh the NBA, where suddenly it's spanish if you put "los" on the jersey in front of the team name.

16 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Samuelsson is the next Gabriel Davis 

I've got some serious questions about his football smarts though after watching that.  Running out of bounds instead of taking it home for the touchdown?  Not good.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/7/2022 at 12:32 PM, Eleven said:

That’s not Baker falling, that’s the rest of the league knowing that the Browns ***** up.

This may be the all time regretville move in Browns history.

Mayfield is a good young QB who needs to grow up a bit.    Good/potentially excellent QBs are a rarity.

Nice work giving CAR a gold plated gift.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm mildly interested in that the Arlington, TX, team is playing in the old Texas Rangers stadium that's across the street from the new Texas Rangers stadium and also across the street from the Dallas Cowboys stadium, which is about a half hour drive from where I live.  It will be interesting to see how they reconfigure it for football.

Browns: “We know we alienated the franchise QB by giving up the farm to aquire the scumbag that will be suspended and by doing so forced us to trade Mayfield and alienate most of the fanbase So to make it up to everyone here is ....Josh Rosen”🤪🤣

Edited by Flashsabre

54 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Browns: “We know we alienated the franchise QB by giving up the farm to aquire the scumbag that will be suspended and by doing so forced us to trade Mayfield and alienate most of the fanbase So to make it up to everyone here is ....Josh Rosen”🤪🤣

Ot would have been 5000% smarter (this is a new metric that I just made up) for them to have kept Mayfield and signed Rosen as a backup, than for them to do what they have done.  This is some record-level bad management, here.  It's like Art Rooney is controlling Cleveland's team or something.