2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Jumping into a finance bro scam? Yuck.

Allen's still the man. But nobody's perfect.

Allen has a kinda Bro vibe about him, not too surprised. I bet they pay him well to do it.

16 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Allen has a kinda Bro vibe about him, not too surprised. I bet they pay him well to do it.

If I read it correctly, he's invested in the venture. I'm sure there's some fixed money flowing his way. But it sounds as though he's counting on the upside.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Jumping into a finance bro scam? Yuck.

Allen's still the man. But nobody's perfect.

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

If I read it correctly, he's invested in the venture. I'm sure there's some fixed money flowing his way. But it sounds as though he's counting on the upside.

Not sure why someone making $300 million dollars needs to resort to Pyrmaid schemes.  It’s a bad look and the NFL should have investment advisors (I’m guessing they do) that should be screaming from the rooftops how insanely short sighted and financially morally bankrupt you have to be to get involved in crypto / NFT nonsense. 

Sure you can make money, only at the expense of your friends, neighbors and relatives; whichever of them happens to be holding the baton when the music stops with no place to sit. It’s disgusting.  

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, inkman said:

Not sure why someone making $300 million dollars needs to resort to Pyrmaid schemes.  It’s a bad look and the NFL should have investment advisors (I’m guessing they do) that should be screaming from the rooftops how insanely short sighted and financially morally bankrupt you have to be to get involved in crypto / NFT nonsense. 

Sure you can make money, only at the expense of your friends, neighbors and relatives; whichever of them happens to be holding the baton when the music stops with no place to sit. It’s disgusting.  

The NFL has a handbook for players as the come into the league with things just like this (maybe not NFTs), but watching out for investments, sycophants, not getting into fights in bars, etc.. My guess is this is too new and still not 100% considered a scam, but I'd bet that in the next few years there will be a section if it goes the way it looks.

(My knowledge is many years old, but I can't believe they don't still have it; it's worth noting that players in the NFL have likely zero life skills; they go from home to college, with everyone taking care of the star player, to the NFL and are suddenly in charge of their life with a ton of money)

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

It's a Draft Kings thing and he's probably being paid up front, if Draft Kings has any money left.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Same response...this is like being paid to sign at a card show only he doesn't have to get off the couch and the card isn't physical.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

It's a Draft Kings thing and he's probably being paid up front, if Draft Kings has any money left.

Same response...this is like being paid to sign at a card show only he doesn't have to get off the couch and the card isn't physical.

The report indicated that he’s got a share of the venture, fwiw.

I heard a long form radio essay on how NFT’s work — colour me skeptical that they are essentially the same as physical trading cards. I think finance bros use that analogy to grease the skids and keep regulators at bay.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

The report indicated that he’s got a share of the venture, fwiw.

I heard a long form radio essay on how NFT’s work — colour me skeptical that they are essentially the same as physical trading cards. I think finance bros use that analogy to grease the skids and keep regulators at bay.

1.  Okay, good, all I've heard are radio ads.

2.  NFTs can work the same way as any other tradable commodity where two people agree that it is worth something.  A baseball card, a comic book, a beer can, artwork, whatever.  Think carefully about that last example--modern art is as valuable as people agree that it is, and not more or less.

3.  That said, I think it's stupid.  I'm not putting money into NFTs for the same reason that I don't put it into baseball cards or modern art.  Putting money into baseball cards at age 8 is one thing.  Doing it at age 50, where we're just going to depend upon the whims of others, is another.  For those of you who trade in such stuff, and I am sure there are many, this isn't an insult; it's just not where I'm going to invest.  At least baseball cards and comic books have established markets and prices.  This NFT stuff?  Nope.

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

1.  Okay, good, all I've heard are radio ads.

2.  NFTs can work the same way as any other tradable commodity where two people agree that it is worth something.  A baseball card, a comic book, a beer can, artwork, whatever.  Think carefully about that last example--modern art is as valuable as people agree that it is, and not more or less.

3.  That said, I think it's stupid.  I'm not putting money into NFTs for the same reason that I don't put it into baseball cards or modern art.  Putting money into baseball cards at age 8 is one thing.  Doing it at age 50, where we're just going to depend upon the whims of others, is another.  For those of you who trade in such stuff, and I am sure there are many, this isn't an insult; it's just not where I'm going to invest.  At least baseball cards and comic books have established markets and prices.  This NFT stuff?  Nope.

Art & book deals.  The way the rich launder money.

This NFT stuff?  The way the tech savvy launder money.

My 2 cents.  YMMV.

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

NFTs can work the same way as any other tradable commodity where two people agree that it is worth something.  A baseball card, a comic book, a beer can, artwork, whatever.  Think carefully about that last example--modern art is as valuable as people agree that it is, and not more or less

Agreed.

It’s not the digital nature of the asset that gives me pause. It’s the manner in which some (many? most? all?) NFT’s are sold — greasy promoters using platforms like discord (sp?) and twitch in order to promise incredible upside to their insider/early investors, then the flipping that occurs once the first sales occur, then the crush of people trying to get in before the upward arc levels off and descends. As I think @inkman was suggesting: It’s all very Ponzi-ish. 

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Btw me and the wife watch AGT and we saw a bills player singing with X football players .

Your team is very likable 

They were good too. The Bills (and the fans) have mojo.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Is there a link to a place that shows new plans/drawings/renditions other than what we saw already?

I don't know what you've seen already, but this is relatively new stuff:  https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/state-to-take-almost-250-acres-for-new-bills-stadium-including-ecc-open-space/

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Is there a link to a place that shows new plans/drawings/renditions other than what we saw already?

There has been speculation that some design drawings would be made public by the end of summer.  Tick tick tick…

😊

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

The circle for the old stadium, is that supposed to be anything specific?

The old stadium footprint is slated to become a parking lot after it’s razed. I don’t think the circle means anything in these drawings. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Based on where it is, and that fire fighters had to cut there way in (??) I'm guessing people have been squatting there.

You may be right.  Still, you're a pie.

• Haha (+1) 1