2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

The more I read about the Patriots draft, the more I feel the league has passed Belichek by. They did almost nothing to really improve that defense and their offense isn't particularly fast or threatening. Sure they can run but if you are trying to win games running 65% of the time and grinding clock against a team like the Bills who can just score at will... it isn't going to work. 

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The more I read about the Patriots draft, the more I feel the league has passed Belichek by. They did almost nothing to really improve that defense and their offense isn't particularly fast or threatening. Sure they can run but if you are trying to win games running 65% of the time and grinding clock against a team like the Bills who can just score at will... it isn't going to work. 

Yep, I think it happened a few years ago but Brady was enough to prop them up. BB is still a great coach, enough to drag them to some wins and maybe the playoffs, but his roster building hasn't been good in a while, and they don't get the cheap FA pickups without the TB12.

I've generally resolved to not worry about a team unless I'm worried about their QB. Miami can add WRs all day and I don't care if they don't have someone to throw it. Zach Wilson and Mac Jones MIGHT work out and become great, but so so SO many QBs just don't make it to that next level that until it happens I'm not going to sweat it. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

James Cook is the 2nd best RB on the Bills roster. Zach Moss lacks the vision, burst, and hands to be as dynamic as Cook can be. Here is a good breakdown of what Cook can and cannot do. 

This is from CBS’ Pete Prisco   https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-2022-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams-ravens-earn-a-chiefs-and-jets-get-as-bears-get-worst-mark/

“Worst Pick: I like second-round running back James Cook, but is he much different than Devin Singletary? Why not a bigger back who can run between the tackles?”

I almost burst out laughing.  The only thing Cook and Singletary have in common is that they are both running backs.  Cook has 4.4 speed compared to Singletary’s 4.6.  Cook also has better hands and is a better route runner. 

So Pete why not a big back to run between the tackles?  Because that player is Josh Allen.  The Bills needed a good pass catching back to give Josh better check down options.  The added benefit is that Cook has the speed to take it to the house.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:19 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Pete's a good TV personality. He's not very good at analysis.

So many of these dudes just don’t do the work that should be requisite for their jobs. Yet here we are in 2022 where Steven A Smif is given a platform to just spew nonsense.  If we aren’t on the precipice of collapse as a society, we are headed in a terrible direction.  People used to have to know things to get ahead in life. Now it’s just who screams the loudest.  

On 5/5/2022 at 9:33 AM, LGR4GM said:

James Cook is the 2nd best RB on the Bills roster. Zach Moss lacks the vision, burst, and hands to be as dynamic as Cook can be. Here is a good breakdown of what Cook can and cannot do. 

I appreciate this breakdown as far as I could watch. The stopped footage was helpful to pinpoint the vision and break speed that Cook has but in the narrator’s recap he should have let the clip run real time and reiterate his points rather than break it down again. I never got to see his final analysis in real time. I bailed halfway.

I agree with you 100% that Moss can’t do any of this. Cook’s diversity in position is something a crafty QB like Alllen can/will exploit.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's official. Two national TV games to start the season.

At Rams TNF 9/8 season  opener and vs Titans 9/19 MNF home opener.

I hate MNF for the Bills in general.  In this case, they follow the long rest with a short week.

29 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I hate MNF for the Bills in general.  In this case, they follow the long rest with a short week.

But rather than go to Baltimore on short rest, they go to face Tua trying to learn a new offense 3 weeks into the season.

Schedule is about as good as it could be.  No opponents coming off  a bye week.  The largest diferential in days off before the next game relative to their opponent in the league.

The only troubling thing is a night game in January in Cincy.  Dan Fouts is still trying to get the feeling back in his fingers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, sabills said:

That feels fast, dont these things usually drag out for another month or so? Maybe I'm still just used to the earlier draft dates.

With the latest CBA rookie salaries are pretty well set based on position & where the guy was selected.  There's only a limited # of things that are negotiable.  (Somebody w/ a better working knowledge of it could add what they are.)

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

With the latest CBA rookie salaries are pretty well set based on position & where the guy was selected.  There's only a limited # of things that are negotiable.  (Somebody w/ a better working knowledge of it could add what they are.)

The biggest issue in negotiating rookie contracts is the issue of offsets; specifically the issue of remaining salary/bonuses if a player is released during the first four years of his contract. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/13/2022 at 2:04 AM, inkman said:

So many of these dudes just don’t do the work that should be requisite for their jobs. Yet here we are in 2022 where Steven A Smif is given a platform to just spew nonsense.  If we aren’t on the precipice of collapse as a society, we are headed in a terrible direction.  People used to have to know things to get ahead in life. Now it’s just who screams the loudest.  

Also most of these 'analysts' have an entire team behind them doing the work for them, I seriously doubt most of them even have the time to think about anything they say.  Its just spoon fed to them.