2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

They said several times in interviews ive seen and it's been reported on that they took the fans into account.

They heard all the things that are important to fans and combined them with some of the intimacies of the old stadium such as site lines, proximity to the field etc into the design. 

Well, I'm pretty skeptical.  I think they are going say the right things, but in every single new arena/stadium, the seats are always further away than in the old ones.  I just don't want any more of that than is necessary, and accommodating soccer isn't necessary IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SwampD said:

Time to settle down. We get it.

I live in a completely diverse neighborhood. I never lock my doors. I've never had stuff stolen or broken. And as my avatar shows, I'm a fan of the flyover space.

Twitter is not real life. It's poison. You might want to delete your account. I don't know a single person who regretted that decision.

It wasn't the "diversity" of the neighborhood that tormented us/was the problem

And this DID happen to us, it isn't something I saw on twitter.  The point was, SDS did what everyone everywhere does all the time, on every television station and at every podium, and blanket-slandered the exact places where I've made every meaningful connection in my life, while the worst experiences of my life came at the expense of the people who say those things. And since I have priorities oriented alongside my own sphere of influence, in the proper direction, I felt like defending my community and myself. Doing so is only bizarre if your priorities are inverted and your devotion lies more with reddit-brain world-saving ideologies than your roots

I agree that twitter isn't real life, and what SDS reads on facebook isn't either. That's why I brought up twitter spaces in the first place, as a counterexample, it was a rebuttal that pointed to a very real phenomenon where you can find thousands of instances of what he is talking about, cast in the opposite direction, with much grislier and sobering content in much larger quantities. And this suspected real-world slant (as opposed to the fabricated, culturally-absorbed one) can be corroborated by a lot of different surveys and studies if you care enough to look

10 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Calm Down Chill Out GIF

Dude's just driving me nuts. I make one shitpost 10 months ago, and the only times he's directly or tangentially interacted with me since involve performative disgust (which is tinged with meek desperation and falls flat given the timescale and original comment, which nobody else remembers) and insinuations that SDS should permanently delete my account. I'm not sure what actually upset him, whether it was

a.) the content of the post itself (i blasphemed against our civic religion, even if it was just tongue-in-cheek)

or 

b.) the realization that, as the first REAL countercultural thought to ever roll through his head gets processed, he is not a proud dissident, but just another regime bootlicker

If it reads like I'm trying to get banned from Sabrespace, that's because I've come to the conclusion that both the forum and myself are better off without me here, and for whatever reason SDS won't read the PM I sent him. I don't have much left to offer here and you guys don't need me doing this in the Bills thread

Can we put this stuff away?  If it was coming from my POV, @nfreeman would have moved it three minutes before it was posted.

@Randall Flagg This should not be a take your ball and go home moment, I'd hope.  Move wherever you'd like and please keep posting.

Meanwhile, let's get the stadium talk and moving talk out of here and let it be for Bills stuff.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Eleven said:

Can we put this stuff away?  If it was coming from my POV, @nfreeman would have moved it three minutes before it was posted.

@Randall Flagg This should not be a take your ball and go home moment, I'd hope.  Move wherever you'd like and please keep posting.

Meanwhile, let's get the stadium talk and moving talk out of here and let it be for Bills stuff.  

It's not because of this convo, I haven't really had my head in the game since covid hit, and I cause stuff like this too often compared to the amount of actual sports talk I give. But I am a hopeless addict to poasting and so I need nfreeman or SDS to do the work for me

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

(And even though he thinks I'm dirt, I still like PA and I'm only going at him to try and bring about the end) 

He doesn't think you're dirt.  He doesn't even think *I'm* dirt.

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's not because of this convo, I haven't really had my head in the game since covid hit, and I cause stuff like this too often compared to the amount of actual sports talk I give. But I am a hopeless addict to poasting and so I need nfreeman or SDS to do the work for me

Hey, if you're not ok right now, take a break from unimportant stuff and focus on you.  COVID and the associated restrictions on life screwed with a lot of people's heads, including mine.  If you're dangerously not ok, please seek help.  I'm being sincere, not being a jerk.  Or at least not on purpose; I can be a jerk accidentally sometimes.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It wasn't the "diversity" of the neighborhood that tormented us/was the problem

And this DID happen to us, it isn't something I saw on twitter.  The point was, SDS did what everyone everywhere does all the time, on every television station and at every podium, and blanket-slandered the exact places where I've made every meaningful connection in my life, while the worst experiences of my life came at the expense of the people who say those things. And since I have priorities oriented alongside my own sphere of influence, in the proper direction, I felt like defending my community and myself. Doing so is only bizarre if your priorities are inverted and your devotion lies more with reddit-brain world-saving ideologies than your roots

I agree that twitter isn't real life, and what SDS reads on facebook isn't either. That's why I brought up twitter spaces in the first place, as a counterexample, it was a rebuttal that pointed to a very real phenomenon where you can find thousands of instances of what he is talking about, cast in the opposite direction, with much grislier and sobering content in much larger quantities. And this suspected real-world slant (as opposed to the fabricated, culturally-absorbed one) can be corroborated by a lot of different surveys and studies if you care enough to look

Dude's just driving me nuts. I make one shitpost 10 months ago, and the only times he's directly or tangentially interacted with me since involve performative disgust (which is tinged with meek desperation and falls flat given the timescale and original comment, which nobody else remembers) and insinuations that SDS should permanently delete my account. I'm not sure what actually upset him, whether it was

a.) the content of the post itself (i blasphemed against our civic religion, even if it was just tongue-in-cheek)

or 

b.) the realization that, as the first REAL countercultural thought to ever roll through his head gets processed, he is not a proud dissident, but just another regime bootlicker

If it reads like I'm trying to get banned from Sabrespace, that's because I've come to the conclusion that both the forum and myself are better off without me here, and for whatever reason SDS won't read the PM I sent him. I don't have much left to offer here and you guys don't need me doing this in the Bills thread

No it reads like you can't drop it. Take it to the political thread already. 

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

He doesn't think you're dirt.  He doesn't even think *I'm* dirt.

Hey, if you're not ok right now, take a break from unimportant stuff and focus on you.  COVID and the associated restrictions on life screwed with a lot of people's heads, including mine.  If you're dangerously not ok, please seek help.  I'm being sincere, not being a jerk.  Or at least not on purpose; I can be a jerk accidentally sometimes.

This 

On 3/29/2022 at 12:48 PM, WildCard said:

Yeah I can't say for certain. Definitely doesn't help that big investment firms are buying single family homes to use as rentals now either.

people dont understand how true this statement is...-The big companies hide the notion well because they use hundreds of different names that sound folksy when they call you or email you wanting to buy your house.Sadly they offer you way under market for the houses.Only if your house is trashed could you possibly get a somewhat fair offer cuz they can fix the place up way cheaper than most of us can. So now there is a permanent housing shortage and a high price for rentals because people cant find houses very easily.

• Sad 1

I went to the first game at Rich Stadium.1973.

I had seen a lot in war memorial re: drunk maniacs.

But the crowd at Rich was  a frightening gathering of drunks from end zone to end zone.

I understand that the Bills fans--high % of them unemployed--needed an outlet for their rage..plus the enjoyment of seeing

the great OJ and the electric company do their thing.

Edited by calti
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How much would it cost to add Stephan Gilmore to the roster and can Beane work some magic to get it done?

He plays man, we don't. He also hated being here and wasn't exactly quite about it. I'll pass.

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How much would it cost to add Stephan Gilmore to the roster and can Beane work some magic to get it done?

Whatever the amount, they can make it work.  The NFL salary cap has been the butt of a lot of jokes this off-season.  Teams keep adding and adding with no repercussions.  

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

He plays man, we don't. He also hated being here and wasn't exactly quite about it. I'll pass.

I don’t care that he didn’t want to play on a crappy Bills team.  He’s good, at least better than what they have unless they go CB in the first round. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Whatever the amount, they can make it work.  The NFL salary cap has been the butt of a lot of jokes this off-season.  Teams keep adding and adding with no repercussions.  

I don’t care that he didn’t want to play on a crappy Bills team.  He’s good, at least better than what they have unless they go CB in the first round. 

I think @WildCard meant that Gilmore is suited to a man-to-man defense and the Bills' defense is a zone sort of thing.

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think @WildCard meant that Gilmore is suited to a man-to-man defense and the Bills' defense is a zone sort of thing.

Yeah, I don't think he's a scheme or culture fit ultimately. Even if you wanna ignore the history it's whatever but he really just doesn't play out system and we can find something cheaper.

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Yeah, I don't think he's a scheme or culture fit ultimately. Even if you wanna ignore the history it's whatever but he really just doesn't play our system and we can find something cheaper.

People criminally undervalue the importance of this. 

The idea that Gilmore can’t play zone coverage schemes is wrong. He’s played them his entire career with each team he has been with; from Wannstedt to Pettine to Schwartz to Rex to Belichick, all of whom employed various zone coverage schemes in addition to man coverage. He happens to be very good at both, but lock down man coverage guys are rare, he’s one of the best to play it and so people tend to only focus on that aspect of his game. 

All that said, he seems to be in decline as a player. 

47 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Damn your team is stacked go for the throat and trade up and draft jameson williams

nope, just stay at 25 and take a corner and wait until the 2nd round pick and take Pickens who can do what Williams does but is further removed from his injury. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So you want the chiefs to draft the next hill ? 

I don't think Jameson Williams is the next Hill. I think Williams is a nice piece and will be good but he's got a major knee injury, he isn't going to be a major factor in year 1 because of that, defense wins championships.