2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

49 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Beane said he moved up because after KC took a CB Elam was the only guy left on their board w/ a 1st round grade.

To clarify, he meant in a position of need.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SDS said:

To clarify, he meant in a position of need.

He didn't say that. They asked multiple times if it was the last player they had graded as a first round talent.

He later goes on to say that they got aggressive because it was also a position of need, but otherwise they would have sat there and taken bpa.

Edited by WildCard
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He didn't say that. They asked multiple times if it was the last player they had graded as a first round talent.

Don't hear Beane speak too often.  What you heard is the same as here.  So, 🍺

He also said that if he was gone & they couldn't trade back that they had guys close enough to 1st round grades that they'd've been OK w/ who they got.  (Can't recall the exact wording of that part of his response.)

He said they'll follow their board & if it's another corner, it's another corner.  'We didn't set out to draft 2 edge rushers & then 2 OL, but that's the way it fell.'  They aren't necessarily looking for a CB in the 2nd, but they'd be OK taking another.

And, he said all the talk of grabbing the Iowa RB didn't start from OBD.  He said something to the effect of smoke signals are useless & he's an honest guy so they don't throw them out there.

Lastly, his answers about Elam included something that Adams speaks of frequently - they liked the way he was questioning them when given the opportunity to ask them Q's.  Adams wants guys that are curious & have a drive to get better.  Both GMs do speak with each other.  The answer could've been either of theirs. 

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The Bills should draft Nakobe Dean

I completely agree.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Nm, I just learned something from my Georgia buddy. Dean has a bunch of injuries. 

so does our best LB..10-12 games a year will work