2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

So stats guys, what's the play with the new OT rules? My off-the-cuff guess:

1.) You win the coin toss and, obviously, try to score a TD. If you succeed, you pre-emptively go for 2, because if the other team also scores, they can stop you from touching the ball again by gaining 2 yards on your gassed defense. 

But maybe you just kick the extra point and bank on your defense stopping the other team and/or stopping a 2 point conversion, making sure that the decision to go for 2 is riskier for your opponent than if you make yours? 

2.) You lose the coin toss, the opponent scores and kicks the EXP, you have to go for 2 right? because the odds of you stopping them and scoring have to be less than the odds of ending the game by gaining 2 yards on a gassed defense. 

These all start with touchdowns, the goals are obviously much cleaner if the coin toss winner doesn't get a TD. It's still apparent to me that winning the coin toss has an advantage over losing it 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Have you ever heard of twitter spaces? There is a recurring type of twitter space that would, to borrow an expression, make your head explode, if you were to sneak in (you have to sneak, because you are not welcome there and they will make sure you know it)

It was indeed ugly to live amidst those who look down their nose at country bumpkins in flyover states(counties?), in the world they so proudly built, and soul-cleansing to again be far away from them

K

So the new Bills stadium should have concept drawings in 6 months

21 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It will be based on Tottenham Spurs Stadium in London supposedly 

“Based” could mean an infinite number of things. Buffalo snow load is a unique engineering obstacle.

Me and my kind are drooling to get our dirty hands all over that mofo whatever the design.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are you surprised? You had your chance, twice, to spare us from it.

Self-appointed internet contrarian permanently upset that a year ago an anonymous internet poster used blunt-yet-neutral language which hinted at drawing outside the dotted lines of his vapid, empty, manufactured 'morality,' which is less than a decade old (and already showing signs of crumbling)

The user must be squashed like a bug, made an example of! 

Absolutely pathetic honestly

Edited by Randall Flagg

I've noticed that sneering condescension is a virtue for certain types of people, and its matching sin is "noticing it and not liking it" 

In general, Noticing Things is Very Bad. You should not read between lines, you should not collect and observe patterns. Noticing is the worst sin of all 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

K

So the new Bills stadium should have concept drawings in 6 months

I can't wait to see some.

I love the current stadium worts and all but now that it's a go I'm excited to see what they build. 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Didn't Poloncarz or someone say something about playing international soccer matches in the stadium? What would that mean for the closeness of the stands to the field? Perhaps the 100 level seats would be removable to some degree? 

I think they said it would be configured for multiple use, whatever that means. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Didn't Poloncarz or someone say something about playing international soccer matches in the stadium? What would that mean for the closeness of the stands to the field? Perhaps the 100 level seats would be removable to some degree? 

The length is fine, and the width also is fine when you take into account the absolutely massive amount of space between an NFL sideline and the stands.  

I don't think a US international match will be held there unless it is against Canada, though.

Edited by Eleven

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

In general, Noticing Things is Very Bad. You should not read between lines, you should not collect and observe patterns. Noticing is the worst sin of all 

Time to settle down. We get it.

I live in a completely diverse neighborhood. I never lock my doors. I've never had stuff stolen or broken. And as my avatar shows, I'm a fan of the flyover space.

Twitter is not real life. It's poison. You might want to delete your account. I don't know a single person who regretted that decision.

12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

It will be based on Tottenham Spurs Stadium in London supposedly 

12 hours ago, SDS said:

AC59EB10-F001-4E9E-9299-E256929B7A4A.jpeg

11 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

10 hours ago, Norcal said:

I think they said it would be configured for multiple use, whatever that means. 

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

The length is fine, and the width also is fine when you take into account the absolutely massive amount of space between an NFL sideline and the stands.  

I don't think a US international match will be held there unless it is against Canada, though.

The soccer thing concerns me.  I think the inevitable result is that the seats will be further away from the football action.  As someone who doesn't give a crap about soccer (and my kids played it all the way through HS -- and neither of them particularly likes it either), I don't want the football viewing experience in the new stadium to be impaired even a little bit in order to accommodate soccer.

21 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

We are definitely thinking of building. Found a patch of land that's been listed for a long time in the middle of nowhere that happens to be perfect for both of our commutes, might buy that now and sit in an apartment for a while to see if prices will ever go down

If it matters, make sure there's usable internet there by calling Spectrum or whatever. A lot of the "Available in your area" type stuff on the net and FCC website is based on zipcode, not on street address.

13 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Self-appointed internet contrarian permanently upset that a year ago an anonymous internet poster used blunt-yet-neutral language which hinted at drawing outside the dotted lines of his vapid, empty, manufactured 'morality,' which is less than a decade old (and already showing signs of crumbling)

The user must be squashed like a bug, made an example of! 

Absolutely pathetic honestly

Calm Down Chill Out GIF

12 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

He did - and I hope that's the solution.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

The soccer thing concerns me.  I think the inevitable result is that the seats will be further away from the football action.  As someone who doesn't give a crap about soccer (and my kids played it all the way through HS -- and neither of them particularly likes it either), I don't want the football viewing experience in the new stadium to be impaired even a little bit in order to accommodate soccer.

I don't think that's a risk. IMO, making international soccer part of the facility's available uses is an excellent development.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don't think that's a risk. IMO, making international soccer part of the facility's available uses is an excellent development.

But isn't the soccer field (or "pitch" if you must) bigger than the football field?  Doesn't that mean the seats will be pushed further away?

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

But isn't the soccer field (or "pitch" if you must) bigger than the football field?  Doesn't that mean the seats will be pushed further away?

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn’t think so. The amount of room between the NFL sidelines and seats are pretty damn big. If you use that to make a wider field you would just cut into that dead space.

I think its about 20 yards wider, which in the grand scheme of things isn't that big a difference.  Means an extra 30 feet on each side. You can kinda see what it looks like here at the start of this article:
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/nfl-games-tottenham-bayern-host-packers-saints-bucs-europe/n2nxyo49hdungaphy2fgjxvd

However, there's no reason you can't have sections of those stands down low that move and are rolled away or folded up or something for a soccer game. Looks like the NFL stadiums for both Atlanta and Minnesota have them installed, as well as the Rogers Center in Toronto and tons of places: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movable_seating

Plus, honestly, soccer teams have way less personnel. They don't need as much sideline space as NFL teams do. |

image.thumb.png.02c2f39f6a15c66f01eeb8144ef469e5.png

Thats a soccer match in a US Football stadium. It's not great if you want an all time soccer team to play there, but if you're saying a couple games a year for the US National teams - or maybe even some World Cup games, set to be played in the US and Canada in....2026, the year the stadium is supposed to be done - you can probably just deal.

Edited by sabills

30 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

As to the first question: Yes. As to the second question: No.  And I would not be concerned about the tail wagging the dog in terms of stadium and field design and layout. This is primarily a(n American) football stadium.

16 minutes ago, SDS said:

The amount of room between the NFL sidelines and seats are pretty damn big. If you use that to make a wider field you would just cut into that dead space.

Absolutely. And, as others have posited, there can be a roll-away feature for the first several rows, if needed. Hockey arenas (including the Sabres' KeyBank) have this design element to accommodate concerts when they come into town.

14 minutes ago, sabills said:

However, there's no reason you can't have sections of those stands down low that move and are rolled away or folded up or something for a soccer game. Looks like the NFL stadiums for both Atlanta and Minnesota have them installed, as well as the Rogers Center in Toronto and tons of places: 

Plus, honestly, soccer teams have way less personnel. They don't need as much sideline space as NFL teams do. 
<snip>

I think this is all exactly right.

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

They said several times in interviews ive seen and it's been reported on that they took the fans into account.

They heard all the things that are important to fans and combined them with some of the intimacies of the old stadium such as site lines, proximity to the field etc into the design. 

50 minutes ago, Norcal said:

They said several times in interviews ive seen and it's been reported on that they took the fans into account.

They heard all the things that are important to fans and combined them with some of the intimacies of the old stadium such as site lines, proximity to the field etc into the design. 

That’s how you end up with this 

Season 2 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha (+1) 1