2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Am I the only one who thinks that DeShaun Watson just isn't *that* good to begin with?

I think he's good, but in the 1B tier.  But that was 2 seasons ago.  He might be rusty or he might have lost "it".

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

So being a serial predator Is fine for the NFL apparently..

The NFL is a money machine. Integrity is not their priority. So many players would beat in jail if it wasn't for football. Pathetic. Unfortunately we tend to overlook a lot in our country as well when it comes to such things.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Am I the only one who thinks that DeShaun Watson just isn't *that* good to begin with?

Hmm. Idk, man. His heroics in that wildcard game (?) against the pre-Allen (Tyrod?) Bills were incredible.

Also, food for thought:

QB1 through 54 games: 68% completion percentage, 14,500 yards passing, 104 PTD's, career QB Rating of 104.5 (never below 98 in a single season)

QB2 through 61 games: 62% completion %, 14,100 yards passing, 103 PTDs, career QB rating of 91 (above 93 for one season in career)

I reckon folks can infer who's who (as between Allen and Watson).

And, yes. Running is not factored in the #s above.

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Hmm. Idk, man. His heroics in that wildcard game (?) against the pre-Allen (Tyrod?) Bills were incredible.

Also, food for thought:

QB1 through 54 games: 68% completion percentage, 14,500 yards passing, 104 PTD's, career QB Rating of 104.5 (never below 98 in a single season)

QB2 through 61 games: 62% completion %, 14,100 yards passing, 103 PTDs, career QB rating of 91 (above 93 for one season in career)

If it were one of us we'd be in jail. Quarterback? Okay. Predator? Top shelf.

1 minute ago, Radar said:

If it were one of us we'd be in jail. Quarterback? Okay. Predator? Top shelf.

I'm speaking only to the suggestion that Watson isn't *that* good at NFL quarterbacking. IMO, he's easily a top-10 QB in the league. Or at least he was. A difference-maker at the game's most important position.

Can WGR stop insulting the fans of the Bills with Hamilton’s “coverage” of the team?  I thought we moved past this abomination but apparently in the sports dog days of summer, they fall back on Paul for his “expertise”.  Any of the other personalities on the station would provide a much better analysis.  Dibiasi, Geary, whoever is leaps and bounds better than PHam.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I'm speaking only to the suggestion that Watson isn't *that* good at NFL quarterbacking. IMO, he's easily a top-10 QB in the league. Or at least he was. A difference-maker at the game's most important position.

I'd say he was top ten.  Was.  But that's only the 70th percentile. He's paid like he's one of the best ever.  Who knows what he'll be with the Browns in 2023?  I don't think he'll be top ten.

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Can WGR stop insulting the fans of the Bills with Hamilton’s “coverage” of the team?  I thought we moved past this abomination but apparently in the sports dog days of summer, they fall back on Paul for his “expertise”.  Any of the other personalities on the station would provide a much better analysis.  Dibiasi, Geary, whoever is leaps and bounds better than PHam.  

I just spent my first WGR-free summer since about forever ago and kind of enjoyed listening to audio books in the car instead of sports talk.

This will revert back to WGR in about two weeks, though.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Also, food for thought:

That was actually year 2 of Josh Allen (seems like so long ago), where the Bills made the playoffs and faced the texans in the wild card. The following year was when Josh became a star nationally. The only playoff game Tyrod played for us was against the Jags. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

That was actually year 2 of Josh Allen (seems like so long ago), where the Bills made the playoffs and faced the texans in the wild card. The following year was when Josh became a star nationally. The only playoff game Tyrod played for us was against the Jags. 

Thanks. That was sugar high Josh with the wacky lateral.

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'd say he was top ten.  Was.  But that's only the 70th percentile. He's paid like he's one of the best ever.  Who knows what he'll be with the Browns in 2023?  I don't think he'll be top ten.

The contract is sorta crazy. Because the Browns. But those QB deals are generally only outlandish until the next stud QB gets his big deal. 

imo, Watson was easily top-10 — week to week, month to month, he could be #1, top 3, etc. If he can regain that form, the deal will be well worth it. He’s still very young. This isn’t a Mike Vick post-jail situation.

OTOH, I wonder what the mental strain will be like for him in the near term. He was gonna get hella booed no matter what — and after his statements today? Holy cow — he’s gonna hear it. For a while anyway.

I wish him absolutely no success. I’ve concluded that he’s a POS.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The contract is sorta crazy. Because the Browns. But those QB deals are generally only outlandish until the next stud QB gets his big deal. 

imo, Watson was easily top-10 — week to week, month to month, he could be #1, top 3, etc. If he can regain that form, the deal will be well worth it. He’s still very young. This isn’t a Mike Vick post-jail situation.

OTOH, I wonder what the mental strain will be like for him in the near term. He was gonna get hella booed no matter what — and after his statements today? Holy cow — he’s gonna hear it. For a while anyway.

I wish him absolutely no success. I’ve concluded that he’s a POS.

In his 1st preseason game w/ the Browns opposing fans were chanting "you sick ####."  The Browns said he won't be playing in anymore preseason games.  Expect that has am much to do with that decision as his additional 5 games.

Will be interesting to see how the NFL & the Browns react when that chant is picked up again in Houston.

Expecting the strain will be tremendous & in large (full?) part self-inflicted.

27 minutes ago, Taro T said:

In his 1st preseason game w/ the Browns opposing fans were chanting "you sick ####."  The Browns said he won't be playing in anymore preseason games.  Expect that has am much to do with that decision as his additional 5 games.

Will be interesting to see how the NFL & the Browns react when that chant is picked up again in Houston.

Expecting the strain will be tremendous & in large (full?) part self-inflicted.

Yep to all that.

I watched the clips of his dissembling today. Eff him.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Im still very bothered how the nfl  Didn't make  an example of watson.

Instead He gets rewarded For being mentally ill and a serial predator.

I wouldn't be surprised if more women came out after this ruling and his lovely "im sorry speech "

What exactly are they supposed to do?  This thing was headed to court without this settlement.  That pesky little thing called the CBA limits their options.  There was no win here for anyone.  The real angels in this whole process are the Browns for handing him that mega suspension-proof contract in the middle of this whole ordeal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Any quote or press release referencing the word “triggered” is going down the wrong path. 

Both the creeper and the organization made that reference in the last week.

It would be hard for me to surrender my fandom to a franchise I grew up with, but if I were a Browns fan…I think I would feel compelled to do it.  

• Agree 1