2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

1 minute ago, MattPie said:

Ouch, Miami fined their 2023 1st round and 2024 3rd pick for tampering with Tom Brady trying to lure while playing for the Pats. I'd think they should suspend Brady too for entertaining it.

Miami won't have a 1st rounder next year?  Wonder what bust that wouldn't've gone until the 3rd round at best will now have to wait until the 2nd round to get picked.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Ouch, Miami fined their 2023 1st round and 2024 3rd pick for tampering with Tom Brady trying to lure while playing for the Pats. I'd think they should suspend Brady too for entertaining it.

Linky: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/dolphins-owner-tampering-tom-brady-nfl-1.6538739

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

So, allegations are all it takes now for someone to be guilty.

k

Funny how it’s convenient when it’s convenient.

Well, if Watson had been found guilty of something, the suspension would've been much longer.

Serious question:  what do you think the right outcome here is?  This wasn't a one-time incident where maybe there was a misunderstanding or a shakedown.  30 different women accused him of pretty much the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, if Watson had been found guilty of something, the suspension would've been much longer.

Serious question:  what do you think the right outcome here is?  This wasn't a one-time incident where maybe there was a misunderstanding or a shakedown.  30 different women accused him of pretty much the same thing.

I'm not crazy about punishing someone based on accusations.  At some point though, repeat accusations do start to change things.  I'm not sure exactly where that line is, but 26 (30, whatever it is) is way past it.

The image posted early is just plain stupid and lazy though.  A few of those players on there were multiple time repeat offenders and they all broke rules that were specifically outlined in the CBA.  Like it or not, that agreement drives just about everything here.

20 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, then. He must have done it then. SMH.

I honestly don’t know what the right outcome should be. Is he guilty?… then never play again. Is all this BS and he innocent?… then no games. The point is, we don’t know. I just find it curious how people’s standard of proof varies depending on the situation or person.

One story and he’s an easy target. It’s an easy story to copy and even easier to embellish.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Thats a really dumb statement.

I don’t know how many men are out there now that have had a massage, that perhaps that occasionally there was a happy ending, Hardin said.

“I do want to point out that if it has happen, it’s not a crime. Unless you are paying somebody extra to give you some type of sexual activity it’s not a crime.”

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Well, then. He must have done it then. SMH.

I honestly don’t know what the right outcome should be. Is he guilty?… then never play again. Is all this BS and he innocent?… then no games. The point is, we don’t know. I just find it curious how people’s standard of proof varies depending on the situation or person.

One story and he’s an easy target. It’s an easy story to copy and even easier to embellish.

Well, I'm not sure why you're shaking your head. 

We're in a situation where the information is imperfect and the NFL and the arbitrator needed to make a decision.  If you think they made the wrong decision, then you should say what you think the right decision is.  Instead, you're lobbing accusations of...something (bias?  racism?  rushing to judgment? other?) at those who think the sheer number of accusations means that Watson must have crossed the line -- when it seems like just about everyone feels that way.

Yes, it's an easy story to copy.  Do you think 1 woman made something up and 29 women copied it?  Has that ever happened to any athlete?  Plenty of athletes have been shaken down over the years -- have any been shaken down by 30 different women?

Can you give an example of standards of proof varying based on the situation or person?

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I'm not sure why you're shaking your head. 

We're in a situation where the information is imperfect and the NFL and the arbitrator needed to make a decision.  If you think they made the wrong decision, then you should say what you think the right decision is.  Instead, you're lobbing accusations of...something (bias?  racism?  rushing to judgment? other?) at those who think the sheer number of accusations means that Watson must have crossed the line -- when it seems like just about everyone feels that way.

Yes, it's an easy story to copy.  Do you think 1 woman made something up and 29 women copied it?  Has that ever happened to any athlete?  Plenty of athletes have been shaken down over the years -- have any been shaken down by 30 different women?

Can you give an example of standards of proof varying based on the situation or person?

Do you think that all 30 are telling the truth?

If not, what percentage?

19 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I don’t know how many men are out there now that have had a massage, that perhaps that occasionally there was a happy ending, Hardin said.

“I do want to point out that if it has happen, it’s not a crime. Unless you are paying somebody extra to give you some type of sexual activity it’s not a crime.”

Ew.  Slimy.

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

If not, what percentage?

I suspect the NFL has access to way more information than we do.  And given their history of woefully under responding to DV situations, I’m more than comfortable accepting that something significant has gone on in this case and is sanctions worthy.

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

If not, what percentage?

No one knows the exact percentage other than Watson.  But I am pretty confident the percentage is higher than zero -- confident enough, and above zero enough, that I am OK with the suspension.

Are you not OK with the suspension?

9 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

No one knows the exact percentage other than Watson.  But I am pretty confident the percentage is higher than zero -- confident enough, and above zero enough, that I am OK with the suspension.

Are you not OK with the suspension?

Totally fine witth it. 😂

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

If not, what percentage?

Who honestly  Knows how many women this sexual predator Has  encountered with.

All I know is he has no remorse and he doesn't care about the victims and he just got rewarded for it

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Judge Robinson’s own language in her ruling defies the logic of her decision to suspend Watson for only six games. The way I read it, she gave Goodell a hammer if he chooses to use it. 

I believe your second sentence explains your first sentence.