Russian Invasion of Ukraine

LGR4GM

On 4/3/2022 at 9:02 PM, Huckleberry said:

Putin right now is in a lose lose situation.   Even if he gets Ukraine to give up Crimea.   How can he go home  and explain 20000 dead Russian soldiers.
He is going to keep on trying, I can only see it getting more nasty.    Only hope is someone in Kremlin growing some balls and taking out that inner circle.

He'll lie about the 20k dead. Europe will get its energy and then everyone will move on. Over the next 20 years, China will supplant the US as the world's top super power and the US, like the UK will be a player still. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He'll lie about the 20k dead. Europe will get its energy and then everyone will move on. Over the next 20 years, China will supplant the US as the world's top super power and the US, like the UK will be a player still. 

We are still getting our energy , that is not really an issue, well market speculation on gas prices is more an issue.   China already owns the world so that is a given.  

So what I told my friends 3 weeks ago is actually happening.   Pro-Russians in Ukraine regretting this so much, Chechen and foreign mercenaries are not even on the front line, but in the back raping women and young girls.   

These "Rebels" fighting and dying on front line are going to go crazy when they return home and see what Putins army has done.   All the women in their family raped, young girls kidnapped.

On 4/9/2022 at 4:45 AM, Huckleberry said:

So what I told my friends 3 weeks ago is actually happening.   Pro-Russians in Ukraine regretting this so much, Chechen and foreign mercenaries are not even on the front line, but in the back raping women and young girls.   

These "Rebels" fighting and dying on front line are going to go crazy when they return home and see what Putins army has done.   All the women in their family raped, young girls kidnapped.

Are they doing it to pro Russian families or pro Ukrainian families? 

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Are they doing it to pro Russian families or pro Ukrainian families? 

Both, any girl walking the street isn't safe.   You know 4 weeks ago I was talking with a "Russian" woman living in Ukraine, don't know her that long, but her response to me at start of war was ' there are a lot of Russians in Ukraine you know " , glad she followed my advice and ran anyway 2 weeks later.  

She doesn't know what to think about this anymore, she was pro-Russian , but now she is hiding in Romania.
Its really hard talking to Russians, mostly on telegram, they all still think they are there saving lives.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...

So soon it will get cold, and Russians will have to survive a winter in the cold ? I can see them pull back if nothing major happens by October.

But most important the price of oil is plummeting.   From 122 to 88 few days ago, starting to get difficult to finance this war still.  Production cost for a barrel of oil is 50 dollar ,  if the price drops down to 70 he can't sell anymore at the discounts India and China want for the trouble of dealing with them.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Weave said:

I see this AM that there is an expectation that Russia may (using Belarus) attempt to gain control of a land bridge between Poland and Lithuania.

That would have to trigger a NATO response, no?

Both are NATO countries. I can’t see how they would take a bridge between the two without going into either.