Russian Invasion of Ukraine

LGR4GM

13 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-kharkiv-putin-war-conflict-invasion-1682246 Looks like they have fallen back but set up lethal ambushes. If that report above is true they slaughtered a Russian convoy there. I saw another story—unconfirmed— but with pictures of a Russian motorcycle unit that had been captured. So fall back but ambush. 

Saw the Russians had captured the airport near The capital. Strange they can hold it like that near probably a large concentration of Ukrainian troops. Maybe Russians using drones to cover the airfield from counter attack? 

Yeah problem with Ukraine is that its a flat country, they really can't take on the russian army head on.    
Putin also already threatened to attack Moldavia.  

I doubt Turkey is going to be Idle much longer, Romania will be neither if Moldavia is attacked.   I think Nato is hoping that russian population will protest agains this, but this seems to be Idle for now.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah problem with Ukraine is that its a flat country, they really can't take on the russian army head on.    
Putin also already threatened to attack Moldavia.  

I doubt Turkey is going to be Idle much longer, Romania will be neither if Moldavia is attacked.   I think Nato is hoping that russian population will protest agains this, but this seems to be Idle for now.

If Turkey could ship Ukraine some more of those awesome drones they have, that would be nice. 

On 2/24/2022 at 2:04 PM, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I would agree with you concerning real communism, as Marx and others taught.  The kibbutz system in Israel is a form of real communism.

The Soviet system was not only economic, but leadership ideology and everything else in a traditional fascist state.  As stated, we need to get away from the fascist = far right line of thinking.

You'd have more credibility with this if you didn't assert that Trudeau is fascist, or quasi-fascist, or a wannabe fascist, or whatever.  He's about as far from that as possible. 

It's ok to not like him or his policies.  

It is misleading to paint him as fascist.

I get the feeling Putin isn’t trying to annex all of Ukraine. Wouldn’t be surprised if he takes from Donetsk and Luhansk to the east though. Maybe not.

Personal opinion, he’s setting the stage to destabilize Ukraine by bolstering the separatist movement. Other than directly bordering Russia, an unstable Ukraine might be less likely to join NATO.

Seems there are some images that are falsely being attributed to the conflict as well.

7 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I get the feeling Putin isn’t trying to annex all of Ukraine. Wouldn’t be surprised if he takes from Donetsk and Luhansk to the east though. Maybe not.

Personal opinion, he’s setting the stage to destabilize Ukraine by bolstering the separatist movement. Other than directly bordering Russia, an unstable Ukraine might be less likely to join NATO.

Seems there are some images that are falsely being attributed to the conflict as well.

My thought was, he wanted to scare Ukraine into bargaining away their full independence for a promise of not occupying.  I don't think he expected Ukraine to still be calling that bluff today.

I also think at some point it will no longer be a bluff.  Then we'll see the real Russian military capability on display.

I hope for Ukraine's sake that I am wrong about that.

16 hours ago, Weave said:

My thought was, he wanted to scare Ukraine into bargaining away their full independence for a promise of not occupying.  I don't think he expected Ukraine to still be calling that bluff today.

I also think at some point it will no longer be a bluff.  Then we'll see the real Russian military capability on display.

I hope for Ukraine's sake that I am wrong about that.

They are calling up their heavy armour.  Our NATO allies replied by supplying Ukraine with shoulder-mounted anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles.

Only ones that can make this end fast are Russian protesters attacking Kremlin.   Some of his army doesn't want to fight even, they were told it was just exercise.

The army going in are real scum of the earth, mercenaries paid by putin.   But he is desperate because he is running out of money for them.   Ukraine needs to hold out though and I can't see this keeps going well for them.     

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Only ones that can make this end fast are Russian protesters attacking Kremlin.   Some of his army doesn't want to fight even, they were told it was just exercise.

The army going in are real scum of the earth, mercenaries paid by putin.   But he is desperate because he is running out of money for them.   Ukraine needs to hold out though and I can't see this keeps going well for them.     

I don't want to say BS but I have heard zero reporting for what you are claiming.

9 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

ok.... can you show me some reporting showing that? Russia is involved so the level of dis-information for everything at 11

I could , if you speak dutch, Was reported here 2 days ago the Chechens were used to hunt down 500 of the Ukrainian leaders.   

17 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

ok.... can you show me some reporting showing that? Russia is involved so the level of dis-information for everything at 11

Not links, obviously, but I've seen tons of reporting and video footage of Chechen military types in Ukraine.  I thought it was well known at this point.

Edit to add, a quick google search returns a very diverse international reporting from respected news orgs reporting the presence of Chechnyan soldiers.