GDT: Sabres at Montreal 12:30pm, MSG (and SN for hosers), WGR

Eleven

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The only Sabre I can remember scoring 4 in a game is Rico, who had 4 the day they beat Washington 14-2.  Does anyone remember it happening otherwise?

And he had a shot at an ENG for #5!

Eichel had 4 a year or two ago

10 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

I know this game and year doesn;t mean much but I really like that Skinner is proving he is not done, and also that Nate has become a really good center and the trade that everybody feared is clearly showing us that both Tuch is really good and that trade is looking better every game.  

Nate?

9 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Brian Duff just rattled off like 5 other players with 4 goal games…

Ruff

Satan

Vanek

Tucker

Rico 

I hope it’s not intentional erasure of Jack. I don’t care if you hate the guy, Duff and co pretending he doesn’t exist is bush league 

He still played here and produced what he factually produced

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Nate?

Gotta be a Tage autocorrect

5 minutes ago, NAF said:

Eichel had 4 a year or two ago

This was in the Spider-Man 3 timeline - we don’t talk about that timeline 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I hope it’s not intentional erasure of Jack. I don’t care if you hate the guy, Duff and co pretending he doesn’t exist is bush league 

He still played here and produced what he factually produced

Gotta be a Tage autocorrect

This was in the Spider-Man 3 timeline - we don’t talk about that timeline 

No I didn’t intentionally not type Eichel. So add Eichel to the list. 👍🏼
Oh and Andreychuk.

Unlike some fans, I don’t have hate for Eichel. 

Edited by Zamboni

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

No I didn’t intentionally not type Eichel. So add Eichel to the list. 👍🏼
Oh and Andreychuk.

Unlike some fans, I don’t have hate for Eichel. 

Wasn’t referring to your post but rather Duff et al. 

I wouldn’t put it past them, he was absent from all the RJ vids they made, etc 

• Like (+1) 1

If this season is just about development, I should be pissed about Cozens, Samuelsson, Fitzgerald and Krebs (not counting the PP) having some of their worst games of the year.

But I think we’ve got ourselves a legitimate front line.

Since Jan. 1:

• Tuch 13 6/10/16 +7
  • Skinner 15 11/6/17 +1
  • Thompson 11 3/10/13 -1

Wish there were more teams we could beat with just one line

• Like (+1) 2

Alex Tuch’s 17 points in 15 games has him flirting with the top 5 in points per game for NHL RWs

Kucherov, Rust(!) and Rantanen are well ahead of the pack. Alex is right there in 6th, with Meier, Marner, Zucarello and Batherson, ahead of stars like Stone and Kane.

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If this season is just about development, I should be pissed about Cozens, Samuelsson, Fitzgerald and Krebs (not counting the PP) having some of their worst games of the year.

Since Jan. 1:

• Tuch 13 6/10/16 +7
  • Skinner 15 11/6/17 +1
  • Thompson 11 3/10/13 -1

They really need all of Quinn, Mitts and VO, and maybe JJP, to play at a top-6 level next year to have a legit top 9.  Right now they are pretty much a 1-line team.

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Since Jan. 1:

I’ve been most encouraged by Tage rounding out his offensive game of late. He wasn’t finding a way to get on the scoresheet before if he wasn’t the one putting it in - that’s changed 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

They really need all of Quinn, Mitts and VO, and maybe JJP, to play at a top-6 level next year to have a legit top 9.  Right now they are pretty much a 1-line team.

Not an issue. We have a handful of players ready to make the jump next year. And some are already on the team. I think we’re gonna be better than we think next year. But, this will depend on goaltending. 

• Like (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Not an issue. We have a handful of players ready to make the jump next year. And some are already on the team. I think we’re gonna be better than we think next year. But, this will depend on goaltending. 

Regarding next year …

And depth. Without depth, the Sabres are 2 key injuries (at the same time) away from going on a massive losing streak. KA needs to add good depth and better goaltending this summer.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I agree with the bolded, and I'm optimistic about Krebs and Quinn, and hopeful about VO, Mitts and JJP, but my point is that they kinda need ALL of them to do so, which isn't likely -- one or more are likely to be injured, wash out or encounter other issues. 

52 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Alex Tuch’s 17 points in 15 games has him flirting with the top 5 in points per game for NHL RWs

Kucherov, Rust(!) and Rantanen are well ahead of the pack. Alex is right there in 6th, with Meier, Marner, Zucarello and Batherson, ahead of stars like Stone and Kane.

The one trait that has astonished/surprised me is his speed. How many times have you witnessed him racing past the defense for a good scoring opportunity? Krebs clearly has to get stronger but watching him during his short stint with us it is not outlandish to say that he has the best vision on this team. There is so much upside to his game to be excited about.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.