OT - New Job

inkman

11 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I feel so much better about my job for some reason.....

Heh, thought the same thing. The Corporation has its flaws but generally isn't terrible like that. That being said, my account when I started was sending mail as MichaelPi, so I feel for Ink here.

2 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Are y’all hiring software engineers lol

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

All the time.

And lots of places to be in-office or telecommute depending on the job. I'm 100% work from home.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 months later...

So I am having major issue with my coworkers.  Either they are never here (particularly when I need them) or because they are never here, when they actually are here, they get swarmed with other people and I can’t ever get a word in.  It seems like most people here are about 10-15 years behind as far as electronic communication (email, teams messages, even texting) so that’s not really a solution.  Very frustrating. 

Also had to terminate an employee for being too touchy feely with employees. Turns out he’s a level 1 sex offender and the worst person I’ve ever met in real life.  I was nauseous for days after I read his rap sheet. Ugh. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

59 minutes ago, inkman said:

So I am having major issue with my coworkers.  Either they are never here (particularly when I need them) or because they are never here, when they actually are here, they get swarmed with other people and I can’t ever get a word in.  It seems like most people here are about 10-15 years behind as far as electronic communication (email, teams messages, even texting) so that’s not really a solution.  Very frustrating. 

Also had to terminate an employee for being too touchy feely with employees. Turns out he’s a level 1 sex offender and the worst person I’ve ever met in real life.  I was nauseous for days after I read his rap sheet. Ugh. 

I term'd 5 people yesterday. *****in 5! In one shot! I get a call from HR, Surveillance and Security, they say all these 5 went out to so and so's car after work to blaze. How the ***** do you get caught smoking weed on camera in your employers parking lot, where you've been parking for the last 3-10 years and you know there's camera coverage?How? Then I have to swing the axe. *****in horse *****! I like 80% of them too.

40 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I term'd 5 people yesterday. *****in 5! In one shot! I get a call from HR, Surveillance and Security, they say all these 5 went out to so and so's car after work to blaze. How the ***** do you get caught smoking weed on camera in your employers parking lot, where you've been parking for the last 3-10 years and you know there's camera coverage?How? Then I have to swing the axe. *****in horse *****! I like 80% of them too.

Scary Movie Smoke GIF by Arrow Video

Sounds like a case of reefer madness to me!

4 hours ago, ubkev said:

Isn’t weed legal?

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Isn’t weed legal?

I'm just the hatchet man. I don't make the rules. I just do what the legal team tells me. Booze is legal, but you can't tailgate in the company parking lot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Even though I've tried it countless times, I'm not a weed guy... I regret pretty much every time... It's not a buzz I enjoy. If I take a tiny bit of edibles, it's ok, but I'd still take the taste and the buzz of a 6-pack any day.

Still good the weed guys still get their weed legally in most parts these days. The exception is the wake and bake guys. Almost every one I've ever met has annoyed the bejesus out of me. I bet at least one of the guys that guy fired was a wake and baker. 

Edited by JoeSchmoe

• 2 weeks later...

Just sat through an entire meeting about CAPA, where I believed we were going to complete a 5 Why exercise.  Instead my boss trained us all on how to do a 5 Why exercise.  We had all the people in the room to complete the exercise.  But we didn’t do it. Instead he asks who is going to lead the 5 why.  So I volunteer and he tells me to go ahead and set it up.  WTF!?!

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What kind of corporate-speak crap is this?

The worst kind.  Root cause analysis schlock.  5 Why, Fishbone diagram, Ishikawa.  It’s the do nothing managers dream.  Here is a bunch of corporate speak.  Inevitably, it almost always comes down to “do we want to spend the money to fix the issue, or are we just gonna do the dog and pony show of “retraining””.  Beyond frustrating. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.