Jump to content

Dustin Tokarski returns to Practice for the Sabres


Brawndo
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Practice Lines 

 

This teams obsession with Bjork needs to end. Put Okposo up there and give Mitts a chance. 

Also poor Samuelsson, Bryson hasn't looked good for a bit and now Sammy has to cart him around. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

This teams obsession with Bjork needs to end. Put Okposo up there and give Mitts a chance. 

Also poor Samuelsson, Bryson hasn't looked good for a bit and now Sammy has to cart him around. 

 

15 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Jankowski for Eakin is another move I would make.

Can someone please explain what Eakin and Bjork have done to show they deserve to be in this lineup at all?  I honestly don't see the benefit of playing those guys (and Hayden) any longer.  They don't contribute anything.  No one is giving us a nickel for them at the deadline and they don't make the team better.  Jankowski and Murray have a chance to earn a job here next year or we can showcase Jankowski for the trade deadline.

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Krebs-Mittelstadt-Okposo

Asplund-Cozens-Olofsson

Girgensons-Jankowski-Murray

Fixed!

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Master Toker, it's good to see you full functional again! AADell expresses his relief, also.

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can someone please explain what Eakin and Bjork have done to show they deserve to be in this lineup at all?  

They were both acquired by the current GM.     (edit: they want to be here...)

Edited by DarthEbriate
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Master Toker, it's good to see you full functional again! AADell expresses his relief, also.

They were both acquired by the current GM.

You know my opinion of the quality of the current GM.

(edit: they didn't have NHL job offers elsewhere)

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Practice Lines 

 

Interesting how Eakin has earned his way back into Granato's good graces.  He got scratched a fair amount last year after the coaching change. 

Would really like to know the back story behind it, because am not seeing the reasoning for it on the ice.  Am expecting that he was told what things he needed to do to stay in the lineup & has performed/ accomplished them and that the coach is honoring his part of the bargain.  But, again, am not seeing what that is on the ice.

And, like most here, am willing to see Bjork punted into the sun at this point.  How long before Quinn is back?  Late February/March, right?

Will also be interested to see which guy is lining up on his off-hand side when Samuelsson & Bryson pair up.  Kind of hoping it's Samuelsson.  If he were to flip sides successfully, it makes a lot of (well, a few) things open up once Power gets here.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Practice Lines 

 

 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

This teams obsession with Bjork needs to end. Put Okposo up there and give Mitts a chance. 

Also poor Samuelsson, Bryson hasn't looked good for a bit and now Sammy has to cart him around. 

Agree, Bjork sticks out like a sore thumb there. 

Additionally, not really a fan of an all left-shot line anyways, though my evidence for this argument is basically all anecdotal. Regardless, I’d like to replace Bjork and preferably with a right shot.

Looks like Quinn’s spot, to me

30 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

 

Can someone please explain what Eakin and Bjork have done to show they deserve to be in this lineup at all?  I honestly don't see the benefit of playing those guys (and Hayden) any longer.  They don't contribute anything.  No one is giving us a nickel for them at the deadline and they don't make the team better.  Jankowski and Murray have a chance to earn a job here next year or we can showcase Jankowski for the trade deadline.

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Krebs-Mittelstadt-Okposo

Asplund-Cozens-Olofsson

Girgensons-Jankowski-Murray

Fixed!

Said all offseason to those expecting Eakin to ride the pine that it was a pipe dream. 

They signed him, he was always playing. When is his deal done?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Master Toker, it's good to see you full functional again! AADell expresses his relief, also.

They were both acquired by the current GM.     (edit: they want to be here...)

Someone tell him he’s still wearing a water diaper..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Other than Mitt's conditioning I thought that line had some nice o-zone time in an really bad game. I don't see Bjork being here next year so he may be playing for a trade.

Eakin is an UFA at the end of the season, he may also be playing for a trade. @Thorny

Jankowski is the ideal fit to center Zemgus and Kyle.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

 

Agree, Bjork sticks out like a sore thumb there. 

Additionally, not really a fan of an all left-shot line anyways, though my evidence for this argument is basically all anecdotal. Regardless, I’d like to replace Bjork and preferably with a right shot.

Looks like Quinn’s spot, to me

Said all offseason to those expecting Eakin to ride the pine that it was a pipe dream. 

They signed him, he was always playing. When is his deal done?

It really does look that way doesn't it.  Which would give the Sabres 3 offensive lines & 1 true checking line w/ the Cozens line able (at least on paper) to play a solid 2 way game as well.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It really does look that way doesn't it.  Which would give the Sabres 3 offensive lines & 1 true checking line w/ the Cozens line able (at least on paper) to play a solid 2 way game as well.

Yup. I stress it’s not (at the very least not “yet”) a comparison on talent, but you can see the bones of the stylistic comparison most Sabres fans would be tempted to draw- 

Cozens cast as Drury

Thompson cast as Briere (no idea how he’ll fit into the costume)

Mittelstadt cast as Roy

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Other than Mitt's conditioning I thought that line had some nice o-zone time in an really bad game. I don't see Bjork being here next year so he may be playing for a trade.

Eakin is an UFA at the end of the season, he may also be playing for a trade. @Thorny

Jankowski is the ideal fit to center Zemgus and Kyle.

Friggin Bjork has another year left on his deal.  He needs to go, but he isn’t going anywhere unless KA waives him and is claimed.  One can hope.

@Thorny if KA was as good as his word, then players like Eakin who have been outperformed by others would be benched in favor of the better player regardless of contract. Sadly that’s not how it seems to be working.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Interesting how Eakin has earned his way back into Granato's good graces.  He got scratched a fair amount last year after the coaching change. 

Would really like to know the back story behind it, because am not seeing the reasoning for it on the ice.  Am expecting that he was told what things he needed to do to stay in the lineup & has performed/ accomplished them and that the coach is honoring his part of the bargain.  But, again, am not seeing what that is on the ice.

 

 My suspicion right now is it’s mostly marketing; the Sabres have hopes they can sell Eakin at the deadline on his Vegas/Dallas rep.

Also, given the fact Mitts has been out all year and Krebs has been unavailable, he really has been one of the 4 best centres at Donnie’s disposal most nights.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...