Looking for a team to follow

OverPowerYou

4 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

I’ve been a Sabres fan since the early 2000’s. I love the team but know that they won’t be making the playoffs. Now I know that it’s impossible to love 2 teams the same. However, i’ve lost interest completely in hockey this year. I’m not sure if it’s just the Sabres hopelessness mixed in with the long drought or the fact that the Bills season just ended and I’m in a funk. But I’m looking for a team to follow this year once the playoffs start. I love the sport but get depressed when I think about it. I have a few possible choices in mind

1. Rangers - they have Drury as their GM. Who doesn’t love Drury?

2. Panthers - Much respect for Joe Thornton. He has been playing forever and still no championship.

3. Golden Knights - I believe Jack Eichel wanted to stay in Buffalo but the team pushed him out the door. He’s a generational talent and I still like him.

4. Canes or Predators - I like the energy that the fans in the building have in the playoffs. Don’t know much about the players. 

5. Whoever plays against Boston

Does anyone else have suggestions? 

Sabres for life or GTFO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I agree with those that have suggested the Rochester Americans.  When the Sabres struggle it's enjoyable to see that talent and skill coming.  I hope that they can have a meaningful playoff this season.

The NCAA and Sabres Prospect Pool threads follow our developing prospects too.

• Like (+1) 1

Personally for me There can only be One.

I find pleasure in rooting for Crosby and Ovechkin though, as individual talents. I like to root for greatness - then I can tell my kids I was privileged enough to see the greats of the sport. Same reason I root for Brady, LeBron, Tiger, etc. 

When the Sabres are out of it, around November or whatever, I mostly just root for the Jets to lose lol 

Edited by Thorny

On 1/26/2022 at 12:41 PM, KimmyPegs said:

All excellent ideas. I would also recommend yachting, getting more involved in your children's sports careers, and focusing more on professional football.

Or even catching the latest news along the 38th parallel.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:02 PM, North Buffalo said:

I follow Colorado mostly because I see all the games and have McKinnon on my fantasy team... still root for Sabres but Im a realist... just observing how young guys developing and future goaltenders are playing.

MacKinnon is my favourite current player. I love hockey, so I watch all of the teams. I will probably cheer for the Avs in the playoffs because I feel better having a dog in the fight.

It has been a while since my favourite player has been a Sabre (Hasek), but Dahlin is getting closer. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/26/2022 at 3:34 PM, OverPowerYou said:

I’ve been a Sabres fan since the early 2000’s. I love the team but know that they won’t be making the playoffs. Now I know that it’s impossible to love 2 teams the same. However, i’ve lost interest completely in hockey this year. I’m not sure if it’s just the Sabres hopelessness mixed in with the long drought or the fact that the Bills season just ended and I’m in a funk. But I’m looking for a team to follow this year once the playoffs start. I love the sport but get depressed when I think about it. I have a few possible choices in mind

1. Rangers - they have Drury as their GM. Who doesn’t love Drury?

2. Panthers - Much respect for Joe Thornton. He has been playing forever and still no championship.

3. Golden Knights - I believe Jack Eichel wanted to stay in Buffalo but the team pushed him out the door. He’s a generational talent and I still like him.

4. Canes or Predators - I like the energy that the fans in the building have in the playoffs. Don’t know much about the players. 

5. Whoever plays against Boston

Does anyone else have suggestions? 

West I always loved the Ducks and Preds.  East I would have a hard choice right now, Go lightning for 3 in a row because why not 😛

On 1/26/2022 at 10:14 AM, Claude Balls said:

Never, never ever mention thinking about rooting for the Canes. F that team.

It’s kind of gross but their team is everything I hope the Sabres become. They play the right way, have an absolute ton of skilled heart and soul type guys, and I love Aho.

I’m too old and have too much going on in my life to care about gatekeeping Sabres fandom. Carolina is fun to watch. I like watching fun hockey.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.