Aaron Dell Suspended For 3 Games by DPS

Brawndo

It was dirty, but not nasty if you get the distinction, and deserved 2 minutes for interference.

Had Hagg done the same thing and Batherson hopped right back up we wouldn't be talking about it.

But the NHL seems to care more about the outcome and the optics of a play than the play itself.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bunomatic said:

We lost mitts for a substantial amount of time on a cheapshot and the offender got 2minutes. As a fan I was livid.

Yep half our player injuries were due to other teams dirty shenanigans.  ***** em. Couple that with the Miller Lucic PTSD, I could not give one ***** about what Dell did. OTOH, I’d like them to suspend him for life so I don’t have to see him let in a bakers dozen every 2 games. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

If I were him, I'd be referencing this:

and how nothing happened to Maroon, and talk about how the team can't afford any more goalie injuries so he felt he had to protect himself. It's not the same, I know, but I think it's relevant. 

What will work against him is he was out of the crease when he stuck the arm/shoulder out and the Ottawa guy is not a dirty player so he probably gets s suspension. Personally, I was fine with it. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Weave said:

I’m actually surprised the Dell incident isn’t getting more conversation here.

I don’t think it was dirty.  IOW I don’t think he meant anything other than to knock him off stride.  It certainly was dangerous and ill advised.

I think it is 1-3 games worthy.  

I don’t think it was much either but he did interfere and the guy got hurt.  If the league is going to make an example then it might as well a guy like Dell. 

• Brawndo changed the title to Aaron Dell Suspended For 3 Games by DPS

“BY GAWD THAT’S MAT ROBSON’S THEME MUSIC AND HE’S HEADING STRAIGHT TO THE SABRES GOAL CREASE!!!!!!”😜

Goalie#7 come on down.

A seriously stupid play by a bad goalie. What is with this with him? He ran out to hit some guy against the boards another game. It’s like he has given up on the stopping the puck part of the position and wants to be a thumper. Good riddance when he is gone.

Edited by Flashsabre

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hope the means Robson gets an appearance.

Has a team ever gone 7 goalies deep into their depth chart?

7 is the record.  It’s happened 3 times.  89/90 Quebec,  02/03 Blues and 07/08 Kings.

Over the last 2 seasons the Sabres have used a whopping 9 different goalies, but 6 each season.

Ullmark 

Hutton

Johansson

UPL

Houser

Tokarski

Anderson

Dell

Subban

Obviously KA believes in quantity over quality.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

7 is the record.  It’s happened 3 times.  89/90 Quebec,  02/03 Blues and 07/08 Kings.

Over the last 2 seasons the Sabres have used a whopping 9 different goalies, but 6 each season.

Ullmark 

Hutton

Johansson

UPL

Houser

Tokarski

Anderson

Dell

Subban

Obviously KA believes in quantity over quality.

A long time to go yet!

Interference at best… At least Dell was still working trying to win… Hard to believe Granato gave the team the day off today after their humiliating effort last night… Unfathomable, really… In most of life, we are rewarded for good results… 

• Like (+1) 1

Starting to question the Sabres conditioning and rehab programs… All teams have injuries, but seems like we have more and rehab longer… I’m sure the data guys have stats on games lost to injury for each team and each player… Would love to see those…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.