Aaron Dell Suspended For 3 Games by DPS

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

* I was being targeting all game, the other teams coach told his team to run me, I was just defending myself* What I would say if I was Dell.

If Dell gets suspendered who gets called up?

Seeing as Dell has already been quoted as saying he was trying to buy his defenseman some time (aka interference), saying now that he was defending himself is not likely to be effective.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m actually surprised the Dell incident isn’t getting more conversation here.

I don’t think it was dirty.  IOW I don’t think he meant anything other than to knock him off stride.  It certainly was dangerous and ill advised.

I think it is 1-3 games worthy.  

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

Seeing as Dell has already been quoted as saying he was trying to buy his defenseman some time (aka interference), saying now that he was defending himself is not likely to be effective.

It's the NHL , throw poop at the wall and see what sticks. It's not like there is any consistency or equal justice. 

1 minute ago, Weave said:

I don’t think it was dirty.  IOW I don’t think he meant anything other than to knock him off stride.  It certainly was dangerous and ill advised.

If Price did it last year do think they would even have looked at it?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Weave said:

It was 100% dirty and unnecessary. Actually I would call it a scummy play. Further there isn't another healthy goalie on an NHL contract to replace Dell so he hurt his team on top of the dirty hit. 

10 minutes ago, Weave said:

That Price didn’t do it is a message.

Had he not put his shoulder/arm into it and just impeded the skater, there would be no hearing.

And if Leslie Frasier hadn't set his safeties 50 yards away from anything important, Buffalo would be playing the Bengals on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I believe our next game is Saturday against Arizona. That would be a good comeback game for Anderson.

Oh... right.  Saturday.  My point's even more valid then.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Further there isn't another healthy goalie on an NHL contract to replace Dell so he hurt his team on top of the dirty hit. 

Yeah, Anderson might be ready.  And Houser's been fine.

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It was 100% dirty and unnecessary. Actually I would call it a scummy play. Further there isn't another healthy goalie on an NHL contract to replace Dell so he hurt his team on top of the dirty hit. 

IMHO although Dell was technically still in the trapezoid, he was nowhere near his crease, therefore he doesn't have much of an argument about defending his space.  He could see Batherson was coming with a lot of speed and intentionally interfered with him causing the dangerous fall into the boards.  IMHO it was a cheap shot and Dell should get a minimum of 3 games.  If I was an Ottawa fan, I'd want the league to give him something more substantial.

Dirty hit and worthy of a multi-game suspension. The age-old question is: would the NHL have a hearing if Batherson simply slides into the boards, gets up fully OK, and slashes Dell on his way back into play? Probably not.

What upsets me is Ottawa's response. They lost their only point-per-game player (arguably their best forward depending on if you like his style or Tkachuk's more) to a deliberate cheapshot from an AHL-caliber goalie who was angry he'd already given up 3 goals. (And video shows Dell has done this in the past.) Ottawa was already cruising to victory...  They should have addressed it on the ice in a much more visible fashion.

If the Sabres had lost an Eichel (leading-scorer/most dynamic playmaker type) to a cheapshot like this I would've been livid.

• Like (+1) 1

I hate it when goalies do this.  Among other reasons, they are not fair game outside the crease like they used to be.

He should get a few games.  Is the hearing on the phone (about 4 games max) or in-person (more severe)?

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Dirty hit and worthy of a multi-game suspension. The age-old question is: would the NHL have a hearing if Batherson simply slides into the boards, gets up fully OK, and slashes Dell on his way back into play? Probably not.

What upsets me is Ottawa's response. They lost their only point-per-game player (arguably their best forward depending on if you like his style or Tkachuk's more) to a deliberate cheapshot from an AHL-caliber goalie who was angry he'd already given up 3 goals. (And video shows Dell has done this in the past.) Ottawa was already cruising to victory...  They should have addressed it on the ice in a much more visible fashion.

If the Sabres had lost an Eichel (leading-scorer/most dynamic playmaker type) to a cheapshot like this I would've been livid.

We lost mitts for a substantial amount of time on a cheapshot and the offender got 2minutes. As a fan I was livid.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

We lost mitts for a substantial amount of time on a cheapshot and the offender got 2minutes. As a fan I was livid.

Mitts got hacked, looked back at the ref instead of driving to the net and forcing the rush, and then left the ice without a whistle. Very different optics than crashing into the boards and having an immediate scrum. (And yes, we absolutely should've hacked Gallagher's wrist to pieces or at least forced him to drop the gloves --- it was a game we were similarly cruising in and had no fear to fear their PP or anything else.)

Of course, then Mitt's injury wasn't a wrist but some other undisclosed UBI. Or combination thereof. That was never made clear.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.