Audacy and Sabres broadcast

Radar

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

I had the same problem with the Audacy and GR apps.  I solved the problem by going to acdacy.com and acquiring the station there.  Thus far, no problems.

The Audacy app being pure garbage is another matter. But it's curious how Sabres games are no longer available on it. Is this a move to force NHL fans to buy game audio. like the NFL has done? Remember, Bills games are also off limits on the app.

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

He signed the deal with the radio station that uses it.

Wasnt that Ottawa game last night entertaining? 🤣

So let me follow your logic. Pegula signed a deal with WGR to carry games. The Audacy app, which comes from the corporate owners of WGR, now doesn't carry Sabres games. So ergo, it's Terry's fault. Do I have that right? Is it possible that the NHL decided to monetize NHL game audio like the NFL has done? Again, Terry owns an NHL team. Ergo, it's his fault.

And yes that Ottawa game was a cluster****. How do you go from laying a 6-burger on the Flyers to that?

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So let me follow your logic. Pegula signed a deal with WGR to carry games. The Audacy app, which comes from the corporate owners of WGR, now doesn't carry Sabres games. So ergo, it's Terry's fault. Do I have that right? Is it possible that the NHL decided to monetize NHL game audio like the NFL has done? Again, Terry owns an NHL team. Ergo, it's his fault.

And yes that Ottawa game was a cluster****. How do you go from laying a 6-burger on the Flyers to that?

It would be logical if you sign a contract for a station to carry your games that you would include an out clause or right of refusal if said station was ever not able to carry the games to the outlets that were available when you signed. That’s potential advertisement money that’s affected. So yes, it’s his fault if he didn’t cover that contingency.

And the Flyers game was an exception against another bad team, not the typical opponent.

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Aud and odd aren't pronounced the same?

They are in Bahston.

1 minute ago, pastajoe said:

It would be logical if you sign a contract for a station to carry your games that you would include an out clause or right of refusal if said station was ever not able to carry the games to the outlets that were available when you signed. That’s potential advertisement money that’s affected. So yes, it’s his fault if he didn’t cover that contingency.

And the Flyers game was an exception against another bad team, not the typical opponent.

If it's a league decision, individual teams can't opt out.

46 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Aud and odd aren't pronounced the same?

Not in Western New York 

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://www.nhl.com/info/team-audio

Apparently NHL games are streamed exclusively through TuneIn Premium.  I'm sure Gary Bettman didn't want to do this but Terry Pegula insisted.

This league can’t get out of its own way.  Ever.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Do you say audition as oddition?

Is awful the same as offal?

Oh boy, and someone had to bring offal into the discussion! lol

refuse or waste material.

"the packing plant dumped its offal into the stream"

decomposing animal flesh.

"gulls pecking at piles of offal from the narwhal hunt"

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Oww dacy?

Odd Darcy?  😕

Didn't he start down the path of all this suffering?  What, now he's hosing the streaming radio feeds?  Is there no level his bitterness over getting fired for being too good at fulfilling his mandate won't sink to?

Edited by Taro T
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Like I said before, in Western New York they are.  Odd is a nasaly ahd.  I listen to a show with a guy from Erie PA, he says it the way you say it.  So it’s regional.  

Maybe he is originally from somewhere else because Aud and Odd are definitely 2 distinct words here. They are about as close as beer and bear. 

Yesterday I heard McDermott say "Jash" over and over. So maybe that's the idea with Auditorium. Not odd-itorium but Add-itorium, with a bit of a nasal sound. I think I've noticed that accent in WNY folk.

I'm just wondering why such folk wouldn't also say "add-yssey."

P.S. Coach was born in Nebraska. No immediate data on where he grew up or lived that could have affected his accent.

Edited by PASabreFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.