Audacy and Sabres broadcast

Radar

14 minutes ago, Radar said:

Why do I never get Sabres games on GR since they went with yet another app. (Audacy). Man this franchise f's anything they touch. Guess I'm not missing much to put a positive spin on this.

What I do is wait for the game to start, go to the game page on nhl.com, click on the "listen" button, and then pick WGR.  You might do better getting the Rochester feed most times.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

What I do is wait for the game to start, go to the game page on nhl.com, click on the "listen" button, and then pick WGR.  You might do better getting the Rochester feed most times.

Thanks, but just another thing we never had to jump through hoops to listen to games. Man, it's hard to find anything about Sabres that is top shelf. Maybe drop GR?

19 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Didn't see "listen" button. No problem. Tired going to bed. Just fed up with the Pegula era of this franchise. They are a joke as everything about this franchise has gone to shi..t

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Radar said:

Didn't see "listen" button. No problem. Tired going to bed. Just fed up with the Pegula era of this franchise. They are a joke as everything about this franchise has gone to shi..t

We need a hug graphic. Go dream of an awesome new owner.

13 hours ago, Radar said:

Why do I never get Sabres games on GR since they went with yet another app. (Audacy). Man this franchise f's anything they touch. Guess I'm not missing much to put a positive spin on this.

I had the same problem with the Audacy and GR apps.  I solved the problem by going to acdacy.com and acquiring the station there.  Thus far, no problems.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I have had similar trouble picking up the games on the WGR web site or app.  You hit the "Listen" button and get some kind of sports talk show, not the Sabres game.  In past seasons, I've never had a problem.

I did a thread about this a few weeks ago and a fellow Sabrespace member suggested going to NHL.com and the game's Gamecenter, then clicking listen (icon of headphones), and selecting Buffalo-WGR.  That has worked for me.  The one nuance is that on NHL.com, after selecting WGR, it takes you to a page that says "Videos."  You stiil click on the white arrow to start the broadcast, even though you are listenting to audio only, not a video.  It works, but it's obviously a poorly designed web page.  Why would you launch an audio broadcast from a page entitled "Videos?"  But it does work.  You just have to overlook the stupidity.

Edited by msw2112

Just now, inkman said:

Anyone using the Audacy app to stream game audio can use 96.5 WCMF out of Rochester.  All the games are on there. 

That's where I went last night.  Only fails, obviously, when the Amerks are on.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Your suggestion?

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

Aud as in Auditorium.

acy, as in legacy.

Is the way I would say it. Makes it one stupid name in my book.

4 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

That's where I went last night.  Only fails, obviously, when the Amerks are on.

Amerks are on 95.7 The Fan 

The audacity of WGR to contsantly tell me to enable WGR550 on my Alexa, only to cut out the stream once the game starts and replace it with some syndicated football talk drives me ***** INSANE. Yes, I can then pull out my phone and go to the NHL app to listen to the game but it's such a hassle and I don't even care anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Oww dacy?

Awd ahsee

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

The audacity of WGR to contsantly tell me to enable WGR550 on my Alexa, only to cut out the stream once the game starts and replace it with some syndicated football talk drives me ***** INSANE. Yes, I can then pull out my phone and go to the NHL app to listen to the game but it's such a hassle and I don't even care anymore.

Pretty sure the inability of WGR to stream hockey is an NHL thing and not a WGR thingz

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.