GDT: 1/25/2022 Sabres at Senators, 6 pm CT (that's 7 ET for you Buffalonians) MSG, WGR

Doohickie

Well I saw a lot of development tonight. For Ottawa. Its amazing what good goaltending can do for a young team. What say you KA ? Congrats to Ennis. He really gave the Sabres the sauce. Trying to find positives for the Sabres side. Mmm. Maybe coaches presser will enlighten me. Here’s Donny.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I needed the Sabres to win this game.  After the Bills loss I needed something.

Anything.  😪

I still have the Bills/Pats wildcard game on DVR. May have to fire that up again soon.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Good.  Good for Ennis.  This game was a waste anyway.

I don't ever want to see Dell play goalie for us again.  These goals were not all on him but he just sucks.

I just have a sense of impeding doom when he is between the pipes. I don’t get that with Toker or Houser.

His teammates probably don’t have a warm and fuzzy feeling either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I'm normally optimistic but this game had no redeeming value whatsoever.

Dahlin threw a really nice solid body check. He's starting to play more physical in general and might finally be on the verge of becoming what we hoped he'd become. That's all I got. 

Too much of the old problem of going it alone and not enough team play. Score flatters the Sens though. We were unlucky in the first with the whistle on Skinner and Thompson missing the open net. You get those goals might have been different. Mitts showed he might be part of this but he also looked really gassed and out of shape. His skating was labored at times. 

This is the sort of game that has me worried that the failure in goal leads to no chance games that'll just teach the kids it's okay to lose. I hope that's not going to happen, but Granato has to set a standard where this was not acceptable rather than being his usual nice guy teacher.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Disagree. Allen in a franchise QB. I wish I was a Bills fan

Yeah, there's next year.  But right now?  It sucks.  Other teams are still playing but not the Bills.

But yeah, Allen is the best player to ever wear a Bills uniform.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Yeah, there's next year.  But right now?  It sucks.  Other teams are still playing but not the Bills.

Respectfully, if I may: don’t let the hopium that has filled your brain by way of the total easement of expectations where the Sabres are concerned, allow you to forget what it felt like to actually want to make the playoffs and fail every year. I’d kill for the feeling of coming up short in a big game again that actually mattered.

The Bills are the pinnacle, right now. That’s what the Sabres taught me, anyways. It’s just sports - when it evokes that real emotion, that’s what we are here for.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Doubling down on the comeback prediction?

I think I tripled down on it.  See where Buffalo fandom gets you?

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Respectfully, if I may: don’t let the hopium that has filled your brain by way of the total easement of expectations where the Sabres are concerned, allow you to forget what it felt like to actually want to make the playoffs and fail every year. I’d kill for the feeling of coming up short in a big game again that actually mattered.

The Bills are the pinnacle, right now. That’s what the Sabres taught me, anyways. It’s just sports - when it evokes that real emotion, that’s what we are here for.

Oh, I'll be fine.  I think I kind of deferred dealing with the Bills loss, pushed it to the back of my mind.  Getting humiliated by the Sens brought it all to the surface.  It's a grieving process.  I've been through it before and will no doubt repeat it in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

This team plays with no structure, it looks like they're playing pickup.   

I get the idea they're young and Granato wants to give them some leash to be creative... but there has to be some minimal sense of structure for them to operate in.    I don't see it.

It won't matter how much talent they add if they're all playing as individuals.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

This team plays with no structure, it looks like they're playing pickup.   

I get the idea they're young and Granato wants to give them some leash to be creative... but there has to be some minimal sense of structure for them to operate in.    I don't see it.

It won't matter how much talent they add if they're all playing as individuals.

Sabres fans with Krueger: “too much structure, let them play!”

Sabres fans with Donnie G: “too much letting them play, where’s the structure?”

Rayzor quote of the night, quoting Mike Keenan: “if you don’t know what you’re about to do, the other team doesn’t either.”

Edited by The Ghost of NS
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Ghost of NS said:

Sabres fans with Krueger: “too much structure, let them play!”

Sabres fans with Donnie G: “too much letting them play, where’s the structure?”

Rayzor quote of the night, quoting Mike Keenan: “if you don’t know what you’re about to do, the other team doesn’t either.”

There has to be a balance, let them create offensively while being responsible in the d-zone.

• Like (+1) 1

The wild swings in this boards feelings towards this team is something to behold. 

Win: the rebuild is working! Stay the course, playoffs next year!

Lose: Adams and Granato are idiots! This team is spineless and doesn't work hard! Can't wait to get Bedard in 2023.

AHL goaltending and a bad 5 minute stretch doomed a young team with talent issues. The lack of lineup consistency further adds to the issues. Moving on to .... oh oh no... we play Colorado next... Definitely not reading the dumpster of a game day thread that will be. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.