GDT - Stars @ Sabres - January 20, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

Wasted days and wasted nights. Happy Quinn got his first. Tuch goal was such a nice snipe. Cozens goal was nice. Mmm can’t truthfully say I found the game enjoyable beyond that. Losing so much really really sucks. I can’t wait for the day this teams only purpose is to win games. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Worst part is not only did we have a lead blown twice but the refs seemed keen on calling anything close against us but nothing for us.

Prior to the winner PP attempt, a Star slew foot Dell in the crease. Thompson got tripped with 1:45 left and Skinner was hooked to hell and back at least 3 times. Yet none of those were worthy of calls. I call BS

Granato doesn’t get much respect from the Refs… Yet, let’s hope…

Just got back from game……it was enjoyable to see Quinn score and at one point it was 4-3 and our goal scorers were Dahlin, Quinn, Cozens and Tuch…..it felt like a dream but as the third period began we all looked at each other and said “they are going to lose this game”. You could just see it coming. 

it’s a shame we only get a little taste of what this team could be and then have it trampled on by Dallas, Hey let’s make it 2 for 2 with our Stanley Cup tormentors when Philadelphia comes to town on Saturday

I'm a little late here as I had to record this one, but I'm going to be a contrarian to the negativity I'm reading here and to my own frequent pessimism.

I don't really care about the score, season doesn't matter and Dell was ridiculously bad. Flopping around and turning around and losing his stick, guy is a clown. Had a lucky but horrible night. We have no goalie right now plain and simple but whatever, we knew that. 

This was I think the first game where I saw some really encouraging moments for the future. Tuch's best game as a Sabre by far. That was more of what I had hoped for when we got him. Very promising. Cozen's looked good. Excellent on the breakaway. The skill is starting to show at this level. Kid is going to be great. Tage still playing well and controlling the ice at times. Samuelsson solid and is perhaps already, in terms of defense, our best defender out there. We have half our shutdown pair. 

Lastly, Quinn does in fact have some real talent. Going to be a sniper. Just a question at this point if we're talking Ray Shepard, Rick Martin, or Alex Mogilny. Bright future there without a doubt. Just one thing though, he's a child. Bulk that kid up and get him extra time in the weight room. Until he grows, we're going to have to protect him. Adams needs to add a couple tough guys to this line up to protect these kids from the Wilson's of the league or we will be in trouble.

I am encouraged. 

• Like (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Just got back from game……it was enjoyable to see Quinn score and at one point it was 4-3 and our goal scorers were Dahlin, Quinn, Cozens and Tuch…..it felt like a dream but as the third period began we all looked at each other and said “they are going to lose this game”. You could just see it coming. 

it’s a shame we only get a little taste of what this team could be and then have it trampled on by Dallas, Hey let’s make it 2 for 2 with our Stanley Cup tormentors when Philadelphia comes to town on Saturday

The Sabres feel completely divorced from the franchise that fought for those cups. Not just because of temporal separation either 

2 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Hayden, Eakin, and Bjork played an average of about 12 and a half minutes. You can't win with such low talent like that playing those kind of minutes. They said Bjork just recently broke a streak where he went 7 games without a shot.

Hard to win with guys like this on your roster. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I watch these games looking to see who's mad when we lose, contributing when we win, battling when we're behind, and playing with some heart.

Dahlin, Tuch, Tage were stand outs to me tonight. Quinn faded a little but impo that's conditioning not desire. Krebs needs to add a tool because just being a passer limits him and he didn't manipulate defense enough. Samuelsson is steady and belongs. Still need goaltending. Cozens is improving. Dahlin... ***** Krueger for what he did. 

Dahlin is the only truly dynamic player on this team.  What Krueger did to this team and these players in unforgivable.  He should never be allowed near another hockey team at any level ever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Dahlin is the only truly dynamic player on this team.  What Krueger did to this team and these players in unforgivable.  He should never be allowed near another hockey team at any level ever.

Krueger didn't do anything to those players. They were rubbish when he got here.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, pi2000 said:

The lack of attention to detail in the d-zone continues to plague this team.

Won't matter how much talent they add.  They'll continue to lose until they figure out how to defend. 

Just a question in general, is the defensive issue more of a talent issue over a system issue? Meaning if the Sabres go FA and get a defenseman or two and Power arrives will we see significant improvements or is this a Granato thing?

13 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Just a question in general, is the defensive issue more of a talent issue over a system issue? Meaning if the Sabres go FA and get a defenseman or two and Power arrives will we see significant improvements or is this a Granato thing?

Granado has admitted earlier this year the very thing we're seeing.... He wants the players to not be afraid of making mistakes. He wants them to learn from their mistakes.

In 3 years from now if the sabers are battling a team in the playoffs then the coaching style will change. It will be more about winning this game unless about development.

I don't understand why people think he's a bad GameDay coach, when he has openly admitted that that's the way he's coaching this team right now?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.