GDT - Stars @ Sabres - January 20, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

Just now, Spoonman said:

I remind myself this year about development & growth (impacted by injuries & COVID-19). 1/2 this team will not be here next year.

I watch these games looking to see who's mad when we lose, contributing when we win, battling when we're behind, and playing with some heart.

Dahlin, Tuch, Tage were stand outs to me tonight. Quinn faded a little but impo that's conditioning not desire. Krebs needs to add a tool because just being a passer limits him and he didn't manipulate defense enough. Samuelsson is steady and belongs. Still need goaltending. Cozens is improving. Dahlin... ***** Krueger for what he did. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

If Quinn takes that shot instead of Skinner, tie game.

Poise and decision making are part of talent

I understand your point. And I can appreciate that fatigue can lend itself to poor decision making as well. But you don’t have to be a super talented player to make good decisions. I’ve seen lesser physically talented players compensate by making better decisions since I started watching hockey. No matter. Half these stiffs will be gone soon enough anyway. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I understand your point. And I can appreciate that fatigue can lend itself to poor decision making as well. But you don’t have to be a super talented player to make good decisions. I’ve seen lesser physically talented players compensate by making better decisions since I started watching hockey. No matter. Half these stiffs will be gone soon enough anyway. 

Oh there are definitely some guys with bad hockey iq on this team for sure

• Like (+1) 1

Worst part is not only did we have a lead blown twice but the refs seemed keen on calling anything close against us but nothing for us.

Prior to the winner PP attempt, a Star slew foot Dell in the crease. Thompson got tripped with 1:45 left and Skinner was hooked to hell and back at least 3 times. Yet none of those were worthy of calls. I call BS

• Like (+1) 4

I didn’t like that Granato kept putting Thompson and Tuch out on the PK. They’re not used to playing it and it showed, not to mention they wear out two of their top offensive players. It should be left to bottom six players Asplund, Eakins, Bjork, Jankowski, and Hayden.

8 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

I see you don’t follow football.

I actually posted at the same time as you and did not see what you wrote. And when the Bills win, I will be either going to Nashville or sitting in the seats my family has had since day one of this franchise. Can't wait! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.