GDT - Stars @ Sabres - January 20, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

35 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

AVENGE HULL!!

I've told this story before, but I met Brett Hull in an airport about a year after No Goal.  I asked him about the goal and he was kind of sheepish about it.  Said he would have preferred more of an undisputed "highlight reel goal" over that.  But the officials called it a good goal and he couldn't undo that.  He also said that the following season anyway, a lot of players around the league gave him ***** for the goal and said it shouldn't have counted.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Since the Ghosts seem to have missed this, the game is also on ESPN+ and Bally Sports Southwest in Tx and OK for us not local fans. We owned Dallas last year hopefully it'll turn out well again this year. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I've told this story before, but I met Brett Hull in an airport about a year after No Goal.  I asked him about the goal and he was kind of sheepish about it.  Said he would have preferred more of an undisputed "highlight reel goal" over that.  But the officials called it a good goal and he couldn't undo that.  He also said that the following season anyway, a lot of players around the league gave him ***** for the goal and said it shouldn't have counted.

I wish the Sabres had raised hell at the time. Seems like that were just exhausted and skated off. I was up and out of my chair the second it went in yelling at the tv in an empty bar on Hertel Avenue, lol 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I wish the Sabres had raised hell at the time. Seems like that were just exhausted and skated off. I was up and out of my chair the second it went in yelling at the tv in an empty bar on Hertel Avenue, lol 

Lindy Ruff stayed on the bench ...wanted the play reviewed but refs ignored him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Will he play?

Seems strange to call him to Buffalo this morning and not have him in the lineup tonight, but stranger things have happened.

Of course he will play.  If was going to ride the pine they'd call up someone who wasn't white hot right now.

I think they're trying to do the Serena Williams thing with him, back and forth:  Serena Williams - The Matrix - Serena Williams - The Matrix - Serena Williams - The Matrix until he's seamlessly scoring in the NHL:  Quinn scoring - NHL - Quinn scoring - NHL - Quinn scoring in the NHL!

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.