Multiple Goat Heads For Jerseys in 2022-23 Season?

Brawndo

18 hours ago, Weave said:

Ugh.  The corporate colors of an actual criminal enterprise.  That era needs to be scrubbed from the team, not glamorized.

15 hours ago, SDS said:

When the goathead logo was unveiled, everyone I knew laughed and ridiculed it. 🤷🏻

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And it immediately became to top selling jersey in the NHL. In fact the non-logo version became a favorite with school and youth teams as well.

I’m starting to come around on the goat heads only because I read someone stating “anything that generates excitement in the team, is good”.  I’m on board with that.  This team needs all the good PR it can get. 

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

WGR tonight, does Paul Hamilton really think that's an actual goat on the Goathead jersey?

He might.  Artie baby boo boo definitely thought it was a left face screaming satanic goat.  

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Could additionally be that as well.  And always saw that.  But once you've seen the buffalo head in the shirt shirt design it can't really be unseen.

Like the arrow in the Fed Ex logo.

I see your buffalo head now.  That's pretty cool.  I'd say I'll never see it the same way again, but how often will I actually see the jersey in that specific pose?  The other thing I always did see was a little cartoon devil inside the logo if you turned it upside down.  That may have been influence by the name Satan on the back of my jersey.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, shrader said:

I see your buffalo head now.  That's pretty cool.  I'd say I'll never see it the same way again, but how often will I actually see the jersey in that specific pose?  The other thing I always did see was a little cartoon devil inside the logo if you turned it upside down.  That may have been influence by the name Satan on the back of my jersey.

Vaguely recall having seen that when somebody pointed it out but not seeing it now.  But am noticing a little song bird shouting out around the eye when that logo is inverted.  Could make a great party game or maybe a psychoanalyst's wet dream , rather than staring at clouds or ink blots & looking for shapes, turn the goathead around and find everything that's hidden there.  

(Really scary thought, that seems like something @PASabreFan would come up with.  Must need a vacation.  Long durn month it's been.)

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Gus grew up a Sabres fan and still has his childhood pencil case?  😳

After the 12-6 drubbing of the Ruskies, the Sabres were VERY popular in Scandanavia at least though the '80's because many there hated the Russians.  Though that was before Z's time, could easily see his dad instilling a fandom of the Sabres in young Zemgus as can readily see a hockey fan from the occupied Baltics not having any love for the Russians either.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Vaguely recall having seen that when somebody pointed it out but not seeing it now.  But am noticing a little song bird shouting out around the eye when that logo is inverted.  Could make a great party game or maybe a psychoanalyst's wet dream , rather than staring at clouds or ink blots & looking for shapes, turn the goathead around and find everything that's hidden there.  

(Really scary thought, that seems like something @PASabreFan would come up with.  Must need a vacation.  Long durn month it's been.)

I just looked at the updated version of the logo and the devil was lessened by the tweaks.  Forgive my horrible skills at modifying an image, but I attached an image of what I always saw.  The newer logo has smoothed out some of those lines and the nose isn't very defined anymore.

logo3.jpg

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Completely ignore the white space to the left, I couldn't cut that out.  Horns above the eye, nose directly below.  Diagonal down and to the left is the smiling mouth.

Nope don’t see it.

maybe someone can try to photoshop everything out so it’s really really impossible to not see it 😬

Then again I can only see the goathead as intended and not other angles, variations, or interpretations.

20 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Nope don’t see it.

maybe someone can try to photoshop everything out so it’s really really impossible to not see it 😬

Then again I can only see the goathead as intended and not other angles, variations, or interpretations.

I think this is the section.

logo3.jpg.e2c2c9595a9bfba741cf560ee64f59cf.jpg

Just now, steveoath said:

I think this is the section.

logo3.jpg.e2c2c9595a9bfba741cf560ee64f59cf.jpg

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Nope don’t see it.

I don’t see anything either. Is this what is being talked about?

A96AE3E6-93EF-4A14-A85C-AF71D59D3F35.jpeg

21 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And it immediately became to top selling jersey in the NHL. In fact the non-logo version became a favorite with school and youth teams as well.

My theory is that the antagonists in Mighty Ducks 3 have an obvious knock-off of that jersey because of its sales.

On 8/31/2022 at 2:55 PM, Taro T said:

Takes away a lot of the effect.  When the arms are outstretched the sweater itself is a buffalo's head charging straight ahead.

Would expect that's here to stay in some form. 

Slightly to the right, no? 

Don’t worry, I don’t see a Dragon pointing to the left, which took me FOREVER to “see”

On 9/1/2022 at 10:43 AM, Taro T said:

After the 12-6 drubbing of the Ruskies, the Sabres were VERY popular in Scandanavia at least though the '80's because many there hated the Russians.  Though that was before Z's time, could easily see his dad instilling a fandom of the Sabres in young Zemgus as can readily see a hockey fan from the occupied Baltics not having any love for the Russians either.

Or he may have liked Barnaby and Ray and the gang.  😂 

On 8/31/2022 at 3:19 PM, SDS said:

When the goathead logo was unveiled, everyone I knew laughed and ridiculed it. 🤷🏻

Everyone I knew liked it.

On 9/1/2022 at 7:08 AM, inkman said:

I’m starting to come around on the goat heads only because I read someone stating “anything that generates excitement in the team, is good”.  I’m on board with that.  This team needs all the good PR it can get. 

He might.  Artie baby boo boo definitely thought it was a left face screaming satanic goat.  

How can anyone look at the that for twenty years and not see the bison?! I just don’t get it.

On 9/2/2022 at 5:15 PM, Thorny said:

Slightly to the right, no? 

Don’t worry, I don’t see a Dragon pointing to the left, which took me FOREVER to “see”

Yeah, I’ve never really been able to see that, either.

I think the entire Jersey as a Buffalo head is kinda cool, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.