Multiple Goat Heads For Jerseys in 2022-23 Season?

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, steveoath said:

I was 18, getting legally drunk and touring with my first band. Good Times. Can't beat it 😀

Right. This is why people like this terribly ugly jersey.  Reminiscing. Not because it actually looks good.  Because it doesn’t. 

1 hour ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Oh, it's definitely dated. It screams "1990s", but as an alternate only worn a couple of times a year, I think it's pretty cool. I do wish they'd do it in the current color scheme, but whatever; at least it isn't the awful mustard bottle with cape jersey from a few years back.

I could probably but into blue and gold goatheads.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Here is my biggest problem with the shatanic goatheads.  Without Hasek, that era is unremarkable.  Take away the mild success the team had during that era, removing the emotional attachment so many have, I think the jersey looks dated and ugly.  

I'm not a fan of the look, but it wasn't all Hasek ...

7 hours ago, inkman said:

Here is my biggest problem with the shatanic goatheads.  Without Hasek, that era is unremarkable.  Take away the mild success the team had during that era, removing the emotional attachment so many have, I think the jersey looks dated and ugly.  

The defining part of that era for me though was the ending - enough for it to leave a significant imprint beyond Hasek. The best team I’ve ever seen them ice was wearing those threads. 

On 1/19/2022 at 5:29 PM, lothar said:

As a color scientist by profession, I approve of the color and design of the jersey on top and while I like the understated hues on the icethetics version on the bottom, there's a serious "O Brother where art thou" prison vibe there ...

With the prison vibe and being out of the playoffs 10 years and counting, I feel like I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow.

Edited by FogBat
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

I grew up with the classic blue and gold.  I probably watched my first Sabres game as a little kid in the late 1970's, but I got really into them as a kid in the 1980s.  So I was exposed to the blue and gold for years and years. However, I like the red and black better.  Still do.

Normally it’s a jersey foul to combine a player and a jersey from two separate eras. But the NHL is archaic when it comes to selling throwback jerseys so this might be my only chance to get a Jay McKee jersey. It looks like the design will be close to 1:1 although the Adidas logo will be a dead giveaway it’s not from the original era. So, is this a jersey foul or no?

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2022 at 1:08 PM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Going back to the goathead certainly feels like going in reverse...

Reverse back to winning... I have one of each... white and black... but may need to freshen the black one up as it no longer fits me... too small and the white one has a coffee stain.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Reverse back to winning... I have one of each... white and black... but may need to freshen the black one up as it no longer fits me... too small and the white one has a coffee stain.

Dang every white shirt I own has a coffee, spaghetti sauce or salsa stain on it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.