Multiple Goat Heads For Jerseys in 2022-23 Season?

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Confirmed: The Black Goat Head Will be the Third Jersey For the 2022-23 Season

Seeing the guys wearing the black/white/red now and again next season will be a real treat for me! 

I love those colors and wish we would return to them.

Ironically, we switched to the black/white/red at the end of an era like we are stuck in now! 

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  

🤣

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/19/2022 at 1:41 PM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Agree.  I think the goathead is ugly as sin, but if resurrecting it, at least put it into the team's colors.

As bad as the sluggo was, it was better than that bush league goathead, and the team colors should have never, ever changed from blue & gold.  I really would rather not see either one ever worn in a game again.

Say what you want about colors, but the goathead is a nice crest.  Agree that they should have done it in royal and gold.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Seeing the guys wearing the black/white/red now and again next season will be a real treat for me! 

Ironically, we switched to the black/white/red at the end of an era like we are stuck in now! 

🤣

That’s right - they were in the playoffs immediately after bringing them in, right? Maybe they’ll bring some luck again 

18 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

🤣

As rough as, say, 1985 to 1996 was, it in no way compares to the last 11 years.

• Like (+1) 3

On 1/19/2022 at 12:26 PM, Carmel Corn said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I loved these uni's back in the day.  What I dislike more is our current blue uni's....old and boring for my taste.  What can never EVER come back is the slugs!

Ugh! I never liked the slugs! And yet, the irony is that those slugs had more backbone and toughness before OSP sold the team.

As for the Goat Head, I loved it! I still love it. It was still a product of its time, though. And, sorry for opening wounds and pouring salt on them, but it was the team logo the last time the team was in the SCF.

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Here is my biggest problem with the shatanic goatheads.  Without Hasek, that era is unremarkable.  Take away the mild success the team had during that era, removing the emotional attachment so many have, I think the jersey looks dated and ugly.  

Oh, it's definitely dated. It screams "1990s", but as an alternate only worn a couple of times a year, I think it's pretty cool. I do wish they'd do it in the current color scheme, but whatever; at least it isn't the awful mustard bottle with cape jersey from a few years back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.