Multiple Goat Heads For Jerseys in 2022-23 Season?

Brawndo

I was never a big fan of this logo and while I like the color combination in and of itself, I don't think it ever made sense to move away from the blue and gold.  Their current uniforms are the best looking ones they've had since the 70s.  All that said, the goat head/black-red-gray is now nostalgic and I am good with it being a third jersey.  Somewhere in the depths of my closet, I have some old goat head hats and t-shirts.

• Like (+1) 7

26 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This team should NEVER be allowed to represent that jersey. Nobody loves the blue and gold current unis more than me but that goat head team was my favorite of all time. They represented everything that this team lacks. These idiots would have to earn those in my opinion.

IMHO, our team still needs to earn the honor of wearing our current crest on their sweaters.  Once they do that, then ask me about the goat heads; which I would have liked in our current color scheme as a third next season.

Edited by Dreams Burn Down
Spelling, again.
  • Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This team should NEVER be allowed to represent that jersey. Nobody loves the blue and gold current unis more than me but that goat head team was my favorite of all time. They represented everything that this team lacks. These idiots would have to earn those in my opinion.

Oh please, this team already has as much talent of that “hardest working team in the league” joke except, of course, for 39, 81 and 27. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I was never a big fan of this logo and while I like the color combination in and of itself, I don't think it ever made sense to move away from the blue and gold.  Their current uniforms are the best looking ones they've had since the 70s.  All that said, the goat head/black-red-gray is now nostalgic and I am good with it being a third jersey.  Somewhere in the depths of my closet, I have some old goat head hats and t-shirts.

Totally agree ... never liked this jersey (I own one of course haha) but it represents some of our best teams.   I think it would be perfect as our third jersey but the blue and gold truly represent who the BUFFALO SABRES are!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

I think it’s silly when teams use alternative uniforms that require different colored helmets and gloves. Use the same design but with the current team colors.

Agree.  I think the goathead is ugly as sin, but if resurrecting it, at least put it into the team's colors.

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I loved these uni's back in the day.  What I dislike more is our current blue uni's....old and boring for my taste.  What can never EVER come back is the slugs!

As bad as the sluggo was, it was better than that bush league goathead, and the team colors should have never, ever changed from blue & gold.  I really would rather not see either one ever worn in a game again.

• Like (+1) 2

Love it. Absolutely love it. I know it's a minority view but I liked it when they switched to those and was disappointed when they dropped them. 

Now, to explain a bit, my high school hockey team was the Hill Park Rams (an actual goat head if you will) and was in fact red, black and white so I guess I'm a little nostalgically biased 🙂

That team conjures up good memories though of a hard working stick together bunch and that's what I'd like to be again. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.