GDT - Sabres @ Senators 7:00 PM (EST) January 18, 2022 - MSG-B

Indabuff

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just not enough talent. The only line looking good is Tuchs

I don't think we'll compete next year. More like the 8-10 range

I would agree. Ā But to get to 8-10 we will need better goaltending. Ā Adams inherited UPL and Portillo, he added Levi. Ā UPL gets the reigns next year I guess? Ā 
Ā 

Adams Ā veteran pick ups have not been nearly enough to help this team win. Ā Not even close.Ā 

Just now, Brawndo said:

Granato should keep Cozens on that line and not putting Tage thereĀ 

Yup. Skinner has been tricky to find the right center, and for a bit Tage/Skinner worked. However, since arriving, Tuch appears to be pushing Skinner pretty well, too. Keep Cozens on that line. Get Tager with Asplund and a healing Olofsson. And reunite Girgs/Okposo with Eakin -- or Krebs if he's staying up.Ā 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just not enough talent. The only line looking good is Tuchs

I don't think we'll compete next year. More like the 8-10 range

Agree.Ā  Having not seeing Ottawa for a while, my initial impression after only 2 periods is that they have better team speed and IMHO are maybe a year ahead of Buffalo in rebuilding.Ā  If they are ahead of us, then this year's Ottawa team still is not competing for a playoff spot either.

Edited by Carmel Corn

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I would agree. Ā But to get to 8-10 we will need better goaltending. Ā Adams inherited UPL and Portillo, he added Levi. Ā UPL gets the reigns next year I guess? Ā 
Ā 

Adams Ā veteran pick ups have not been nearly enough to help this team win. Ā Not even close.Ā 

I would give Adams an incomplete on His Veteran Pick Ups, the only two who are signed after this year are Bjork and Tuch.Ā 
Ā 

Bjork has been a disaster, but Tuch is almost a PPG Player and a probably the future Captain.Ā 
Ā 

Hopefully with a better front office there will be more Tuchs acquired and less BjorksĀ 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Dahlin with a very nice rush, gets into the Ottawa zone and NO ONE to pass to. Ā 

There is an example of not having enough good players for him to play with.Ā 

I think Bjork's drive toward the net there is the first time any Sabre has challenged Ottawa's defense to the middle of the ice since Cozen's goal. Certainly the first time I recall driving to the net. (And it drew an oooooh from the fake crowd noise generator!)

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

I think Bjork's drive toward the net there is the first time any Sabre has challenged Ottawa's defense to the middle of the ice since Cozen's goal. Certainly the first time I recall driving to the net. (And it drew an oooooh from the fake crowd noise generator!)

I wanna know how that generator works.Ā  I'd giggle my balls off doing that gig.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.