GDT - Sabres @ Senators 7:00 PM (EST) January 18, 2022 - MSG-B

Indabuff

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

An excellent idea!  Not sure I will do one for each goalie but when the goalie steals a game, that's definitely the song.

Great call on Brick House. Lionel Ritchie played sax on this recording.  So talented.  36-24-36 what a winning  
Other random thoughts….

Houser was solid and stole one tonight.  Money puck had the Sabres chance of winning 20%.  

Dahlin improving each night.  His ability to get pucks through traffic / unblocked is amazing.   Needs a new partner.

Joki -  way to much time……..and space in front.  Batherson had forever to shoot. Worst on ice expected goal differential.  Second worst?  Rasmus Asplund. @The Ghost of Yuri  ..update your meme to “Sit in Press Box” or “Sit in Press Box”.  

I am starting to believe the Sabres are being coached not to hit in the Offensive zone.   I counted 7 take always by the Sens in the O & N zone from full body checks resulting in a clean possession change.  Zero for Buffalo (in O zone).  Tuchs goal the other night was based on an aggressive body check and freeing the puck.  Need more from the forwards.  

• Like (+1) 2

• SDS unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, pi2000 said:

We have our answer in goal.

Houser is the butt of the joke here, but really... he's in a very small minority of goalies that have played for the Sabres over the last two years that actually has a winning record:  Anderson is 4-2-0; Houser is 3-2-0; Ullmark was 9-6-3 (above .500 in points but right at Deluca .500).  Toker is 6-13-5 as a Sabre; is he better than Houser?  I realize this is a very small sample size for both Anderson and Houser, but why are the Sabres (and this forum) so quick to dismiss Houser as a serious option at least?  He's outperformed every other goalie except Anderson in terms of W/L.

Everyone else is uniformly awful from a W/L perspective.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 2

I was out last night and just caught up watching the game. Strange win, no? Two embarrassing goals given up by the Sens. I'll take the W.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Houser is the butt of the joke here, but really... he's in a very small minority of goalies that have played for the Sabres over the last two years that actually has a winning record:  Anderson is 4-2-0; Houser is 3-2-0; Ullmark was 9-6-3 (above .500 in points but right at Deluca .500).  Toker is 6-13-5 as a Sabre; is he better than Houser?  I realize this is a very small sample size for both Anderson and Houser, but why are the Sabres (and this forum) so quick to dismiss Houser as a serious option at least?  He's outperformed every other goalie except Anderson in terms of W/L.

Where is Toker right now? On a ventilator?

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Thorny said:

Feed cut out, of course, after 1-1 so didn’t see anything after that. Jankowski’s goal looked fun in the highlight but I think the highlight was missing some context. Anyways, hope I don’t miss the next go-ahead-goal because of dumb technology. 

That goal had a "Geico-baby-on-the-football-field" vibe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Was reported Houser was asked to speak to the team after the game… 

Most of the young guys can learn from Houser’s example… Prep… Focus… Effort… Grit… No Quit… Despite the odds… Despite the setbacks…

Pay attention, boys…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I had this game on in the background while doing house things, paying bills, cooking, etc etc. 

I almost couldn't care less about the game; I used to love having nights off at home and used to DVR every game I couldn't watch live. Now I would rather change laundry over than watch my hometown team I grew up loving. 

Make the nightmare stop. 

Make hockey fun again. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I had this game on in the background while doing house things, paying bills, cooking, etc etc. 

I almost couldn't care less about the game; I used to love having nights off at home and used to DVR every game I couldn't watch live. Now I would rather change laundry over than watch my hometown team I grew up loving. 

Make the nightmare stop. 

Make hockey fun again

Then don't have it on in the background.  Also, they won.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:19 AM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

What's worrisome about Hauser is his fundamentals, imo: doesn't seem to have NHL- level recovery, and doesn't square to the puck well when he recovers.

But then again, ppl criticized Hasek's fundamentals early on...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.