Practice Lines 1-16-22

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would flip Thompson & Cozens.  But overall getting close to reasonable.  Replace 2 of the bottom 3 w/ Mittelstadt & Quinn (and next year Peterka too) & they shouldn't be getting smoked by Detroit.

Only if they fix the rd. Power, Dahlin, Bryson/Samuelsson will work good

• Like (+1) 1

I'd still like to see Cozens at center with Krebs on LW and Tuch.  I believe that line would be fun to watch.

But for today's practice lines, okay.  I did really like Asplund and Olofsson together earlier in the season but Olofsson seems to be suffering from the effects of his injury.  Give him some games off and bring up Quinn for a few.  Seems like a low risk move to me.  Cozens with Tuch and Skinner had a great game against Nashville and the line gets broken up the next game Tage comes back (it's not logical to me to do that).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Digger said:

I'd still like to see Cozens at center with Krebs on LW and Tuch.  I believe that line would be fun to watch.

But for today's practice lines, okay.  I did really like Asplund and Olofsson together earlier in the season but Olofsson seems to be suffering from the effects of his injury.  Give him some games off and bring up Quinn for a few.  Seems like a low risk move to me.  Cozens with Tuch and Skinner had a great game against Nashville and the line gets broken up the next game Tage comes back (it's not logical to me to do that).

Given how Cozens and Tuch looked vs Nashville and how VO and Tage looked early, the combos are obvious to me.

For the 1st time in the Granato era we are seeing a player play himself out of favour.

Olofsson was under 15 minutes last night and was dropped to PP2. His line was the 4th to see the ice in each of the past 2 games.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Actually,  olofsson back to the left in Hinostrozas spot, Quinn to Cozens rw.

Hinostroza bumps Bjork out. 

Why are Krebs and Cozens going to wing?!?

I'm thinking more along the lines of next year, but we got Thompson - Casey - Cozens - Krebs.    The last 3 should always be in our top 6.

59 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Call up Samuelsson!

Yup. It's time. Butcher has served his purpose (garnered the Sabres an extra 5th for a goalie pick) on this roster. It's time to bring in the Mule. Particularly after that drive down the outside and pass to Quinn to complete the hat trick in Rochester last night. Just make sure to send him back down at the right time so he's eligible for the AHL playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'd still like Asplund-Tage-VO to get back together. Asplund looked good for the first time in weeks in Detroit (of course, that's comparable to the rest of the roster). And Skinner-Cozens-Tuch worked nicely.

Once Girgs is back, I'd send Krebs back down. But I'd also put Girgs on the wing over center, he's just better out there. Whether their center is Eakin, Jankowski, or Cozens -- the Girgs/Okposo line will work.

Looking forward to some morning MLK hockey tomorrow.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'd still like Asplund-Tage-VO to get back together. Asplund looked good for the first time in weeks in Detroit (of course, that's comparable to the rest of the roster). And Skinner-Cozens-Tuch worked nicely.

Once Girgs is back, I'd send Krebs back down. But I'd also put Girgs on the wing over center, he's just better out there. Whether their center is Eakin, Jankowski, or Cozens -- the Girgs/Okposo line will work.

Why!???

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Why!???

Once Girgs is healthy, I need Krebs building the continued rapport with JJP (once healthy) and Quinn game in and game out as one of the Amerks' top lines. Malone is out until March. Murray is up, Jankowski has been signed to an NHL deal and could pass waivers but might not, depending on injuries for opposing teams. I need the Amerks to make the playoffs so that entire trio gets a round of intense viciousness and then maybe a round against Utica. JJP/Krebs/Quinn is the future, as early as next season, but not the now.

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

His contract aside, I still don't agree with keeping VO on the ice right now.  Each game, he becomes less effective, if that is even possible.  Shut him down for a few weeks and let him heal up.  Keeping him out there isn't doing anything for his perceived value, either.

Edited by Dreams Burn Down
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

His contract aside, I still don't agree with keeping VO on the ice right now.  Each game, he becomes less effective, if that is even possible.  Shut him down for a few weeks and let him heal up.  Keeping him out there isn't doing anything for his perceived value, either.

I can see that. And if VO gets to rest/press box for a bit until he has his shot back, then I can see Krebs in the lineup in his absence, although Quinn would be a better fit for the role.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.