GDT Jan. 15, 2022 7pm: Sabres at Detroit (MSG, WWKB 1520) NOTE RADIO STATION.

Eleven

2 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

This is actually reminiscent of our effort against the Bolts two games ago.  In both games, we were simply overwhelmed by talent and team speed. Also, we were grossly outworked.  Being outworked is the most worrisome thing IMHO.

When Jankowski and Hayden stand out as being your spark plugs it's not because they are the most talented, but the only ones that tried.

stroke beard pondering GIF by Captain Obvious

Not to much by our talented ones this game except Tage. He tried. Just not the rest of his line.

Guess the Sabres wanted to get this over with so they could go watch the Bills or something cause that was a sad excuse for a hockey game. 

Total lack of effort and the exact same problem areas. No net front presence on our PP and no control of the front on theirs. Dahlin seems to struggle more in faster games, like this one. Horrible hockey game, if you can call it that.

Didn't like the Tuch, Tage, Skinner line. No chemistry there. I'm starting to wonder about a lot of Granato's combinations lately. Seems like he's just tossing into a blender to see what happens. Guess that's what a tank gets you. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Believer said:

Can’t score goals if you don’t shoot… Can’t score on rebounds if you don’t shoot… Seen this tendency now for too many games…

This was the reference

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This was the reference

Hahaha… Good post… Thanks… Not sure Granato has any Hackman in him… but he sure likes to pass…

20 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

You can either watch a hockey game or a about 100 tv commercials in between some action. 

Go Sabres, I can tune into the commercials to see if I can catch some football in between the ads 

you missed a lot of good commercials...there was some ok football between the ads too

40 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So I guess I didn't miss much, huh? I was at the Bills game. I have a theory there is only so much winning juju to go around the local teams and Bills used it all up last night. #PerfectGame

How did you handle the cold? I'm not trying to be funny but did the mass of exuberant people generate its own heat? Or did many within the masses resort to going to the flask for medicinal warmth?

15 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Yes, I am the ghost formerly known as Doohickie.

As I explained to Spoonman on the phone earlier today:  You remember a couple of infamous Sabrespace posters, Yuri Olesha and @Ghost of Dwight Drane, right?  I was playing around in September or October and for some strange reason decided to change my username to a portmanteau of the two: @The Ghost of Yuri.  Nova Scotia (NS) noticed and changed his name to @The Ghost of Doohickie.  Andrew Amerk also noticed and changed his name to @The Ghost of NS.  My dream was that all Sabrespacers would pick up on this and become Ghosts.  (Ghost of Andrew Amerk would be next up.)  But it lost momentum and it's just the three of us.

The downside of the whole thing is that when you change your screen name, you can't change it again for six months so you're stuck with us.  For now.

When the 6 month sentence is up I plan on returning in a spectacularly spectacular fashion ... be prepared to be spectacularated, eh!!

I think those words are spectacularly goodly.

13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Didn't like the Tuch, Tage, Skinner line. No chemistry there. I'm starting to wonder about a lot of Granato's combinations lately. Seems like he's just tossing into a blender to see what happens. Guess that's what a tank gets you. 

Let's see if he goes back to Cozens on that line, given how well they played the other night? 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

How did you handle the cold? I'm not trying to be funny but did the mass of exuberant people generate its own heat? Or did many within the masses resort to going to the flask for medicinal warmth?

I wore 2 layers of pants tucked into 2 pairs of socks, snow pants over those. 2 thick hoodies over a long sleeve t over a short sleeve T with a a jacket over that. Stuck a handwarmer in each boot next to my toes, and had one in each of my mittens. Wore a beanie and a gator for my neck/face. Between the layers and the energy from the field/crowd, didn’t even feel cold.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sabresparaavida said:

I wore 2 layers of pants tucked into 2 pairs of socks, snow pants over those. 2 thick hoodies over a long sleeve t over a short sleeve T with a a jacket over that. Stuck a handwarmer in each boot next to my toes, and had one in each of my mittens. Wore a beanie and a gator for my neck/face. Between the layers and the energy from the field/crowd, didn’t even feel cold.

You and all on this list (you know who you are) who went to that game in that cold are some tough and hearty folks.  I raise a glass to you all.

2 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

Was it a challenge to take a pee? 😃

I dedicated the whole evening yesterday to the Bills.  That included post game texting and streaming WGR radio.  Glad I did. The Bills were superb.  In fact, on offense they were perfect.  What a treat.  

The Sabres just played a strong game against a better much Nashville team, then they go out and stink it up in Detroit and get shut out.   I just don't get the uneven performances.  Detroit is a team they can catch next season, they better start working on it.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.