GDT Jan. 15, 2022 7pm: Sabres at Detroit (MSG, WWKB 1520) NOTE RADIO STATION.

Eleven

58 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

What time zone are you in?

He specified CT.

41 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What rock are you living under?  The change from WKBW to WWKB happened almost forty years ago!

I haven't lived in WNY since 1982.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I haven't live there since 77' and I had to look it up also when I first saw it. So don't feel too bad, that news didn't travel well past the Mississippi I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

haven't lived in WNY since 1982.

Not an excuse.  The call letters have been WWKB since the mid-80s.  If you're even remotely FROM Buffalo, you know this.  

Sorry, Ghost of WHY IS EVERYONE A GHOST OF SOMETHING Yri---are you Doohickie?  Anyway, sorry.  

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Not an excuse.  The call letters have been WWKB since the mid-80s.  If you're even remotely FROM Buffalo, you know this.  

Sorry, Ghost of WHY IS EVERYONE A GHOST OF SOMETHING Yri---are you Doohickie?  Anyway, sorry.  

I gotta be honest, if I were to have written this thread title it most assuredly would have read WKBW.  Even though I still live within daytime broadcast range WWKB never sank in.

6 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

You can either watch a hockey game or a about 100 tv commercials in between some action. 

Go Sabres, I can tune into the commercials to see if I can catch some football in between the ads 

or you can watch a playoff football or one of the worst teams in hockey. I've heard those jokes before about the action. A big part of football is also the anticipation. Enjoy boring hockey. I'll watch football

6 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

You can either watch a hockey game or a about 100 tv commercials in between some action. 

Go Sabres, I can tune into the commercials to see if I can catch some football in between the ads 

Yea I’ll be watching Sabres. With a quick 2 min look in during a tv time out. And a 8-10 min look in during the intermissions 👍🏼 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, nucci said:

or you can watch a playoff football or one of the worst teams in hockey. I've heard those jokes before about the action. A big part of football is also the anticipation. Enjoy boring hockey. I'll watch football

I have two TVs beeaches! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Will start watching the Bungles game in about 15 minutes.  Watch that until the Sabres game starts & then watch pre-game through the 1st period of the Sabres game.  Then watch the 1st 1/2 of the Bills game.  Not sure if we'll stick w/ the 1/2 time show or the 2nd period, but will then watch the rest of the Bills game before watching the end of the Sabres game.  Will likely then find out how the Bungles game ended the way it did.  

Tonight's Amerks game might be tomorrow's way of avoiding pregame football shows (except for the talking heads praising Allen for tonight's effort & results.  That'l be must watch TV.  😉 ).

3 hours ago, jsb said:

I haven't live there since 77' and I had to look it up also when I first saw it. So don't feel too bad, that news didn't travel well past the Mississippi I guess.

I knew it before I made my post... I wanted to see if Danny Neavereth was still with us.  But that's when I learned about it and I'd already made up my mind to post that and get off my lawn and stuff.

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

Bertuzzi, that guy always seems to be buzzing around against the Sabres.

That guy always seems to be buzzing around against every team.  We need one of those.

3 hours ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

I hope that they can carry over any momentum from Thursday into tonight:

Sabres 5 Dead Octopuses 4 O/T (Hiney nets two, Tuch and Okie with one each, and Skinner with a pair, including the winner in overtime.) 

So the Sabres score 6 but somehow only end up with 5 goals? Typical Sabres.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

He specified CT.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

3 hours ago, Weave said:

I gotta be honest, if I were to have written this thread title it most assuredly would have read WKBW.  Even though I still live within daytime broadcast range WWKB never sank in.

I moved away in 1981.  I married a girl from Buffalo.  I go back all their all the time.  In past 10 years I’ve probably been there 150 times. I spend the entire month July there. I STILL didn’t know WKBW changed until right now.  I just told my wife, she didn’t know either.  

🤷 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Ghost of WHY IS EVERYONE A GHOST OF SOMETHING Yri---are you Doohickie? 

Yes, I am the ghost formerly known as Doohickie.

As I explained to Spoonman on the phone earlier today:  You remember a couple of infamous Sabrespace posters, Yuri Olesha and @Ghost of Dwight Drane, right?  I was playing around in September or October and for some strange reason decided to change my username to a portmanteau of the two: @The Ghost of Yuri.  Nova Scotia (NS) noticed and changed his name to @The Ghost of Doohickie.  Andrew Amerk also noticed and changed his name to @The Ghost of NS.  My dream was that all Sabrespacers would pick up on this and become Ghosts.  (Ghost of Andrew Amerk would be next up.)  But it lost momentum and it's just the three of us.

The downside of the whole thing is that when you change your screen name, you can't change it again for six months so you're stuck with us.  For now.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.